First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I have the same car you have I bought it new in 2018 it has now 38k
for the two years I’ve owned it theres no problems but I do a lot of highway. I asked the service guy at Honda about the recall letter
he told me being in Florida which is warmer climate these engine shouldn’t have a problem then added he didn’t see the problem down here btw I live in Charlotte county
Well I just got a set of custom mats for Christmas, so I guess I'm keeping the car!LOL It is Honda Certified, so I still have 2 yrs bumper to bumper left on it and I only have 14,000 miles on the car. I never keep a car for more than 4-5 years, so I'll just keep it and enjoy it and I'll think about trading it in when it gets closer to the end of the warranty. Thanks for the opinions.
Sponsored

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
New video on the oil dilution issue, goes into a lot more detail that previous videos!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
can we ban all scotty posts? Dudes a clown and yet people still watch his trash....

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
Country flag
No need to ban, it just requires educating oneself and not listening to one source. Scotty is highly entertaining and could almost be in the dictionary's definition of bombastic, except he's a bit of a dirt bag at times. Look how many times he's announced that his channel is done. Honda's future has not been ended. Good grief.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Every one of his clickbait thumbnails are false, and never what the actual videos are about. I wish the dude would go away. He's amassed his fortune. Go enjoy it.
https://www.hotcars.com/heres-how-scotty-kilmer-amassed-his-10-million-net-worth/
The video I posted specifically talks about the oil dilution issue, what's being done about it by Honda, and what you can do about it yourself.

I'm not here to praise Scotty as a god or spread misinformation. We're all Civic owners and those that are affected by this issue can use all the reliable information that is available. As I said, feel free to watch the video to call out any BS that you see if you disagree because I will do the same.

Honda Civic 10th gen Scotty on the Earth-Dreams GDI engines. hotcars

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh well, speaking from experience, my 1.5T with almost 120K miles eats about a quart of oil every month. I think the engine is about to fall out.
Scotty don't know sh!t.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
The video I posted specifically talks about the oil dilution issue, what's being done about it by Honda, and what you can do about it yourself.

I'm not here to praise Scotty as a god or spread misinformation. We're all Civic owners and those that are affected by this issue can use all the reliable information that is available. As I said, feel free to watch the video to call out any BS that you see if you disagree because I will do the same.
I was half serious about his worth and that he should quit (though I wish he would). I don't know if I'd quit if I was making that kind of money by just posting videos full of BS. That was just the first website google showed, but this says $10m too:
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/heres-why-people-hate-scotty-kilmer-according-to-himself/

I don't think anyone is going to waste their time rewatching his horrible videos for proof for you, but as for the video you posted, and what I said about his false clickbait thumbnails/headlines, that video is titled "This fatal flaw just ended Honda's future in America". Not sure if by future he means starting now Honda is no longer available in America, or else Honda won't be available sometime in the future. So you believe one of those?

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh well, speaking from experience, my 1.5T with almost 120K miles eats about a quart of oil every month. I think the engine is about to fall out.
Scotty don't know sh!t.
I was half serious about his worth and that he should quit (though I wish he would). I don't know if I'd quit if I was making that kind of money by just posting videos full of BS. That was just the first website google showed, but this says $10m too:
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/heres-why-people-hate-scotty-kilmer-according-to-himself/

I don't think anyone is going to waste their time rewatching his horrible videos for proof for you, but as for the video you posted, and what I said about his false clickbait thumbnails/headlines, that video is titled "This fatal flaw just ended Honda's future in America". Not sure if by future he means starting now Honda is no longer available in America, or else Honda won't be available sometime in the future. So you believe one of those?
Clickbait titles are pretty much standard on popular YouTube channels unfortunately. I don't agree with them just as much as you but that's the way things are. He made a video explaining why he does it but basically tells people clickbait titles get views, there's no doubt about that, but when you click on his videos you end up learning a thing or two while you're there at least he hopes so. That doesn't justify the use of clickbait titles but I wanted to explain to you what he said since you probably wouldn't watch the video anyways if I linked it, which is fine.

In regards to your response to me posting the video it's very simple, let explain to you. The video addresses the problem/concern of oil dilution, explains what Honda is doing about it, and what you can do about it as a Honda owner. In no way does he say Honda is failing as a company or whatever, that's the clickbait in the title only. I don't like the clickbait but it is what it is. The most important part is the accurate and reliable information he provides within the content, despite the clickbait title.

If you watched the video you would have known that, but you didn't and that's fine. Nobody is forcing you to. But just know if you criticize someone for posting a video that you disagree with, it helps to watch the video. I read your article you posted before criticizing it, it's the proper thing to do before you give your opinion.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Clickbait titles are pretty much standard on popular YouTube channels unfortunately. I don't agree with them just as much as you but that's the way things are. He made a video explaining why he does it but basically tells people clickbait titles get views, there's no doubt about that, but when you click on his videos you end up learning a thing or two while you're there at least he hopes so. That doesn't justify the use of clickbait titles but I wanted to explain to you what he said since you probably wouldn't watch the video anyways if I linked it, which is fine.

In regards to your response to me posting the video it's very simple, let explain to you. The video addresses the problem/concern of oil dilution, explains what Honda is doing about it, and what you can do about it as a Honda owner. In no way does he say Honda is failing as a company or whatever, that's the clickbait in the title only. I don't like the clickbait but it is what it is. The most important part is the accurate and reliable information he provides within the content, despite the clickbait title.

If you watched the video you would have known that, but you didn't and that's fine. Nobody is forcing you to. But just know if you criticize someone for posting a video that you disagree with, it helps to watch the video. I read your article you posted before criticizing it, it's the proper thing to do before you give your opinion.
Woah. You're way out of line.
I didn't criticize a forum member, and in you falsely said I did. I just said his video title is false, which is true. And I said the video is not the same as the title, which is also true. And you said I didn't watch the video, which is false. And you're justifying false information, and irrelevant video titles. Simple as that.

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Woah. You're way out of line.
I didn't criticize a forum member, and in you falsely said I did. I just said his video title is false, which is true. And I said the video is not the same as the title, which is also true. And you said I didn't watch the video, which is false. And you're justifying false information, and irrelevant video titles. Simple as that.
I don't' think you're comprehending what I'm trying to say and you're missing my point, so there's no point in continuing. Cheers man. No hard feelings.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen Scotty on the Earth-Dreams GDI engines. Screenshot_20210329-185238

Honda Civic 10th gen Scotty on the Earth-Dreams GDI engines. Screenshot_20210329-185134

Honda Civic 10th gen Scotty on the Earth-Dreams GDI engines. Screenshot_20210329-185856

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Feel free to call out anything he said wrong about the issue in the video, if you watched it.
I watched it once, when it first got posted and I'm not going to waste my time again watching it or breaking down why he is trash. Sorry we all hurt your fanboi feelings. This thread isnt going anywhere and should probably be locked

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I watched it once, when it first got posted and I'm not going to waste my time again watching it or breaking down why he is trash. Sorry we all hurt your fanboi feelings. This thread isnt going anywhere and should probably be locked
No hard feelings from me. I posted the video in a (just to remind you) Scotty thread so anyone that wanted to watch it could. You then start something saying the post should be banned. I asked you to call out any bull if there was any. You could not, because you don't want to "waste your time". So to me, it just sounds like you're whining.

I also don't want to waste my time either with people who talk trash but don't back it up. So rather than us both wasting each others time it's probably best to just agree to disagree if that's fine with you.

So once again, no hard feelings. Would like to move on.
Sponsored