Scion is officially dead!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Motortrend just announced. Toyota is calling it quits for scion. Info remains vague about weather Toyota will adopt any of the current cars (a move I think they should make). Shockingly I also hadn't heard that FCA have axed the Chrysler 200 and Dodge Dart (not shocked about the dart).

http://www.motortrend.com/news/breaking-toyota-gives-scion-brand-the-axe/

Updated the link with new info. Apparently Toyota does plan on folding the Scion brand into itself which means that Toyota will be getting a few new models (iA, iM and FRS). I wonder if they'll change the names of the models (or at least the FRS to reflect the japanese GT86 variant).

update: The models will retain the current names. The FRS may get the GT86 name for a mid model refresh or for the next gen model however.
Sponsored

Last edited:

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Wow big news. Sounds like 3 Scion models will live on as a Toyota. This is actually better for the FR-S since it'll be taken more seriously with a Toyota badge than as a Scion.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000 / Scion iM / Honda Civic
Country flag
Kinda sucks seeing the tc go, I know that's one of the higher scion models you see everywhere but glad they are keeping the iM Since that car actually looks really nice and the Frs Of course. The iA should be gone also since it looks so ugly.

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Looked at an iA (aka Mazda 2) a while back - might have bought it if not for the "guppy" front :p

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wont be too much longer and you'll be able to get an amazingly good deal on a new Scion. I do really like the TC though, always have.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I was bummed to see Pontiac go. Should've been Buick instead.