Scent?!

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe, 2016 HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Cucumber Mellen gel from Refresh is nice. Just put under your seat and forget it. I can't say it's exactly a cucumber mellows scent, but it is a light and fresh scent. Used it constantly in an old abused GMC I used to have and it got rid of the motor oil smell.

Haven't used anything in my coupe yet, still smells new :)
Sponsored

b0j4ngl35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
I'm using the Febreze Vent Linen & Sky Air freshener. Mine last longer than the 30 days it claims per unit and it smells like fresh laundry.

Honda Civic 10th gen Scent?! 0003700058034_A?$img_size_380x380$
Love these, been using these in my vehicles for some time! You can pretty much dial it to the lowest setting and it'll last a while longer than advertised. Plus they're relatively cheap too.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Chemical Guys New Car Scent.

It doesn't exactly smell like new car, but it has an equally delicious bad-for-your-health smell with a touch of mint

Honda Civic 10th gen Scent?! IMG_2519.JPG

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vanilla.

rackz30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 exl
Im an addict with car freshener. Ive tried everything you name it. but the most economical of all would be an "essential oil"
You can use it in so many different ways but with mine, what I do is put a few drops on my air filter and ur car will smell awesome. Guaranteed. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
Just got an essential oil diffuser that works off the USB -- just water and (good quality) oil.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FK2S73Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't want the other chemicals in the trees/stickons, etc.
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/whats-in-that-car-air-freshener.html
(I can still smell the terrible pin-scented tree hanging in my dad's first Buick.)

I have to experiment getting the # drops right and will need to keep the air on recirculate or the smell will be lost. We have a room-size diffuser in the house and love it -- that prompted me to try one for the car.

Last edited:

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have used the Trees and they don't last very long, same with the vent air freshners. I tried Squash awhile ago and liked it. I think I may go back to it.

Tyler

Drive Clean!
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX, 2005 BMW M3, 2008 BMW 335i, 2003 Jetta TDI
Country flag
I have yet to find a client of mine who didn't love Squash. Some feel it's a bit overwhelming at first, but once they settle into it, they love it.

Chemical Guys makes tons of scents, but I always find they lack in the durability zone - not to mention I don't want to be constantly spraying unbalanced pH chemicals around the car. LOL.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have yet to find a client of mine who didn't love Squash. Some feel it's a bit overwhelming at first, but once they settle into it, they love it.

Chemical Guys makes tons of scents, but I always find they lack in the durability zone - not to mention I don't want to be constantly spraying unbalanced pH chemicals around the car. LOL.
I'll have to give Squash a try - seen it recommended a few times here and there. 100% agree about the CG scents - decent upfront, but 24 hours later it's gone, and it left residue *everywhere*.

Plus, it did *not* make the car smell like a strip club. lol