Scared of hacking your wires for homelink? Do this instead!

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Scared of hacking your wires for homelink? Do this instead! PIR98QT

Honda Civic 10th gen Scared of hacking your wires for homelink? Do this instead! 4Mk0h4M

Universal mirror that is app controlled so you can update its settings.

Mirror takes two seconds to install and 1 min to program. Has 3 buttons so you can program all of your garage doors and gate codes.

I was afraid of splicing wires so I went this route. Mirror is also frameless so it looks super niceeeeeeeeeee

Bye bye splicing :) don’t need auto dim when you have tint. Biggest thing that bugged me was homelink but by having this problem is solved and best yet, the remote is removable Incase you don’t want to get it stolen. Or someone getting into your property

Last edited:

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I didn't splice wires for my Homelink. It would be nice to include a link to purchase or model number for people interested.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Why does a rear view mirror need an app? Explain yourself, OP

OP
OP

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
Why does a rear view mirror need an app? Explain yourself, OP
You don’t need the app unless you have a remote with the 10 micro switches

The app also allows you to update the remote firmware cause it’s bluetooth

For all standard garages you can just program straight from the mirror

It’s a chamberlain tm210 mirror. The Bluetooth is just great because they will continue to update the firmware if new garage openers are released.

OP
OP

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
I didn't splice wires for my Homelink. It would be nice to include a link to purchase or model number for people interested.
If that’s the case maybe you should do a step by step with clear pictures of what you did.

Cause most look like they are using taps for the homelink module.

But if it’s the autodim mirror seems like you have to take apart so much of the interior just to put it in.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
this is pretty cool! i may try this! thanks

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
If that’s the case maybe you should do a step by step with clear pictures of what you did.

Cause most look like they are using taps for the homelink module.

But if it’s the autodim mirror seems like you have to take apart so much of the interior just to put it in.
Wired mine like this OEM HomeLink Install using breadboard connectors.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Like the basic idea, but it's not exactly cheap. And no autodim . . . . relevant for people without tint.

I bought an OEM autodim mirror with homelink, and never looked back. Not quite plug-and-play but it wasn't difficult. There is no "hacking of your wires" unless simple splicing constitutes that. All for about $50 vs. $110.

Choices are always good.

sjnibbe

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX Black, 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like the basic idea, but it's not exactly cheap. And no autodim . . . . relevant for people without tint.

I bought an OEM autodim mirror with homelink, and never looked back. Not quite plug-and-play but it wasn't difficult. There is no "hacking of your wires" unless simple splicing constitutes that. All for about $50 vs. $110.

Choices are always good.
I would love to know where you got OEM autodim mirror with homelink for $50! I can't find one anywhere near that price even used.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I would love to know where you got OEM autodim mirror with homelink for $50! I can't find one anywhere near that price even used.
As a point of clarification, Honda does not offer an autodim mirror with Homelink, just a regular autodim. These OEM mirrors for the various car manufacturers (including Lexus, Nissan, Subaru, Infiniti, Toyota, Mazda etc.) are all produced by a company called Gentex Corporation. So they are all the same, though there are a few models with different features.

As such, when I say "OEM", I mean OEM for the various car manufacturers . . . . in a generic sense -- as to say, there are quality parts, not some AliExpress-quality aftermarket crap. I didn't mean "OEM for Honda". In fact, Honda's autodim mirrors (sans Homelink) is manufactured by Gentex, too. Sorry if there was any confusion.

IMHO, there is absolutely no point buying these mirrors brand new when you can buy a near-new conditioned units for 1/6 of the price on eBay. Just Google "Gentex autodim homelink mirror" and you would get a bunch of results. Basically, these sellers go to a junk yard to "harvest" the mirrors, test them and sell them on eBay.

Last edited:

sjnibbe

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX Black, 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a point of clarification, Honda does not offer an autodim mirror with Homelink, just a regular autodim. These OEM mirrors for the various car manufacturers (including Lexus, Nissan, Subaru, Infiniti, Toyota, Mazda etc.) are all produced by a company called Gentex Corporation. So they are all the same, though there are a few models with different features.

As such, when I say "OEM", I mean OEM for the various car manufacturers . . . . in a generic sense -- as to say, there are quality parts, not some AliExpress-quality aftermarket crap. I didn't mean "OEM for Honda". In fact, Honda's autodim mirrors (sans Homelink) is manufactured by Gentex, too. Sorry if there was any confusion.

IMHO, there is absolutely no point buying these mirrors brand new when you can buy a near-new conditioned units for 1/6 of the price on eBay. Just Google "Gentex autodim homelink mirror" and you would get a bunch of results. Basically, these sellers go to a junk yard to "harvest" the mirrors, test them and sell them on eBay.
Thank you for the response. I was kind of in sticker shock at the price of the new ones. I had looked up Gentex specifically and hadn't found anything in a price range that I felt would be a good value to me. I will keep searching.
Sponsored