SCAM ALERT: Unsolicited messages/conversations asking you to email someone for parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I agree but I get signature required items all the time just left on my door step because a driver didn't want to come back out my way.

There are protections but people can scam no matter what. just be a attentive buyer is all I can say.
Then if package gets “lost” postal service would be liable if marked as delivered with no signature.

I personally dislike signature confirmation, my postal worker won’t come to my door, and leaves a notice in my mailbox that no one was available, then I have to drive 30+ mins to the hub to pick it up...
Sponsored

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Then if package gets “lost” postal service would be liable if marked as delivered with no signature.

I personally dislike signature confirmation, my postal worker won’t come to my door, and leaves a notice in my mailbox that no one was available, then I have to drive 30+ mins to the hub to pick it up...
oh it is worse then that, they sign for me. I have called before and said there was a signature package left and I didn't sign for it. They said yes you did or someone did as we have a signature and it just becomes a big time wasting back and forth of I said and driver said. not worth it.,

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
That’s mail fraud, which is a federal offense. I’d take that to the high ups, and have that guy fired. That’s totally unacceptable. He can just as easily “sign” for a package, and keep it.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
That’s mail fraud, which is a federal offense. I’d take that to the high ups, and have that guy fired. That’s totally unacceptable. He can just as easily “sign” for a package, and keep it.
At the end of the day I got the package and its not worth my time to fight this crap and go to court and blah blah blah and waste hundreds of dollars and lost time at work and and and... they know they can get away with it.

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I get the same anxiety especially when I drive. It feels as if everyone is trying to run you off the road. Two big things that help is working out as in lifting weights. It will improve your confidence and make you feel invulnerable. Another immediate thing that I found to work is carrying water whenever you drive. Have a bottle water available next to you as you drive and take sips. Those are two things that worked for me. One that I wouldn’t recommend and I don’t do which may also be illegal is covering your rear view mirror. If your a good driver you are constantly montitoring the cars behind you. With anxiety though it makes it seem as if the cars are coming for you and will ram straight into you. With the mirror covered you eliminate that feeling. I know this because when I worked for FedEx I had to drive a bigger van that didn’t have a rear view and I wasn’t getting that anxiety.

Deleted member 32279

I have brought and sold many items on forums and I was never aware of this. However, while selling my rims and tires on this forum, I did have some strange requests from new members that literally just joined the same day. They had no thread history related to tires and rims so I just blocked the conversation. The person who brought my rims and tires offered full price and just recently joined so before meeting him I ask for a copy of his drivers license and proof of his CTR purchase. He was the real deal thank god. However, It’s a shame that these scammers prey on honest people that are trying to sell to fellow forum members

Deleted member 32279

How ironic that I receive thanks from a member who just joined today.

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
Don't buy from anyone if they are new to the site. I'm still newish and have bought a couple of things from members without any issues.

SGP-Seth

First Name
Saethe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello everyone! Thanks for the bulletin Admin!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.