kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I love when people say this. Right back at ya. You are arguing with me because I don't share your opinion. You need to be more open minded lol
I don't think he was arguing at all, just explaining his way of considering what's a sports car and what's not
Sponsored

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
:popcorn:

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
End of the day it is just a Civic though, a really awesome one but I could care less. Just laugh when people treat it like a 200k exotic.
It is weird how so many of these cars are turned into garage queens. A car like this was meant to be driven not stored or driven just occasionally.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
lol. not sure what part of my posts was "arguing" with you but ok. you asked me a question and i answered.
I clearly said i don't care what others think lol.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I don't think he was arguing at all, just explaining his way of considering what's a sports car and what's not
Well when you come on my thread which is of the opinion that the Type R is a sports and performance car to tell me and others why in your eyes it is not that is basically an argument. But when you impose your opinions ,which is fine, by saying mine are not in line with yours and then tell me to be more open minded while you are not being so. Is basically the same as the people who say the R is just a civic.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The chrome doesn't follow with anything else on the car so yes, it's debadged for a cleaner look. It's not debadged because i'm embarrassed that it's a civic lol.

Should be a little more open minded and accept the fact that there are people out there who doesn't share the same view/opinion as you.
So you are saying if the civic emblem would have not been chrome and went with the car you would have left it on? so if the type r emblems would have been chrome you would have took those off? Sorry I don't believe that you would have taken all the type Rs off if chrome and left the civic if not. Well the H's are chrome better get to prying those off. I dont buy your reason. Taking the type R off would really make it cleaner so why not take it off too? That cleaner look BS is just that BS.

Ive been in groups of 7 type Rs. Only one guy has his civic off and hes honest about it no BS. He took it off because he didnt want civic on the car just wanted it to be type R on it. An honest answer I can respect. Ya know what all parked in a line no one not a single person said wow that one civic looks cleaner I wonder whats different. Cleaner look .. LOLOLOLOL BS

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is weird how so many of these cars are turned into garage queens. A car like this was meant to be driven not stored or driven just occasionally.
True dat. We have like 4 Rs around here that no one ever sees and when we do they got like 400 miles on them. Not sure why they buy them.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Well he def got mad.

You can’t in the same vein appear to want and appeal to others to have class, only to diss you at the end.

It’s a “summer car”, but “it’s a civic”. Can’t make up your mind...? It’s just confusing trying to read it. Here is a secret, no one cares. It’s only ever your problem. Your problem that you bought the “wrong car”, a “summer” “...civic”, a car not in the class you want, or that your upside down in finance. Your problem trying to appeal to anyone but your self.

I like Audi’s. But not that attitude.

This is a type-r forum.

Don’t let the log out button hit you in the ass, Jack.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol. not sure what part of my posts was "arguing" with you but ok. you asked me a question and i answered.
I clearly said i don't care what others think lol.
Well on a friendlier note as I am really a nice guy in person :) IM just blunt and calls it hows I sees it. I see you are in Torrance, CA. are you hondata tuned? have you been to their facility?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Well on a friendlier note as I am really a nice guy in person :) IM just blunt and calls it hows I sees it. I see you are in Torrance, CA. are you hondata tuned? have you been to their facility?
i consider myself to be a helpful and friendly person also.
I enjoy the car for what it is, whether someone thinks it's a sports car or not. No reason for me to worry about what others think of my car. They are not the one paying for it lol.

and yes I have had hondata since it came out. I live like 2 miles away from them but they do not allow public access so was not able to go into their facility. A friend of mine is a tuner and deals with hondata though so i brought my ecu to him and he dropped them off locally to hondata and got my ecu jailbroken the same day at that time. Went this route because i did not feel comfortable shipping an ecu out.

loomy1

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
"It is just a 35K Civic at the end of the day" has to be one of the most ignorant statements anyone makes.

How about this then,
The Ford Shelby GT500 is just a Mustang at the end of the day!
The Hellcat is just a Challenger at the end of the day!
The Camaro ZL1 is just a Camaro at the end of the day!
… and so on.

Look every cars base model is crap for performance and is sold to people who want the style but might not be able to afford the high end goodies. Comparing any cars high end to its low end is just stupid. And anyone who dismisses any performance car in this manor is simply ignorant of cars and should probably be driving an I Phone..er I mean tesla or Ecar.

Its just a civic... LOL... Why not ask the dipshit who pulled up to me last night in his louder then hell fancy Camaro, all revving and wanting to race with his Dale JR race team stickers. Well when I left him in the dust at a rolling race on the interstate I guess all that off the line power didn't mean shit now did it? So I guess he was back there going, "Whatever its just a civic" while crying over some Hank Williams and stroking his dash bobble head of Dale Jr.

My neighbor was in his driveway bragging to his buddy about his 95 Mustang and saw me in my yard. He said, real loud, "at least it's not a Honda". Well... his 95 Mustang may look nice and sound good, but it has some serious engine problems and he can't pass an e-check. Point is, haters gonna hate.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
My neighbor was in his driveway bragging to his buddy about his 95 Mustang and saw me in my yard. He said, real loud, "at least it's not a Honda". Well... his 95 Mustang may look nice and sound good, but it has some serious engine problems and he can't pass an e-check. Point is, haters gonna hate.
that's when you should've shouted back "But your wife loves it!"

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
Alright, here's my take:

I think it's fair to say the CTR is very sporty but just not a "sports car."

The most helpful definition of a "sports car" is a car that was intentionally specifically designed and engineered with the primary purpose of being fun to drive - that is to say, choosing to hit a sweet spot in terms of comfort, speed, and handling. It's engineering is focused on the performance driving experience, with little to no effort being put toward utility. This means, with very little exception, it isn't built from nor will it have a "non-sports car" version because that largely defeats the point of the engineering. The utility considerations are mostly ignored in favor of the driving experience. This is why they generally have small trunks, only carry 2 people, don't emphasize fuel mileage, and often have fewer features than their touring/luxury counterparts. Removing the unnecessary weight or saving the costs after investing them in the platform is a higher priority. Of course, different enthusiasts want different amounts of these features, so there is a spectrum- Elise up to Bugatti - but in every case, the engineering is still focused on the driving experience, not the utility.

Of course, there are many cars over the years that have sought to capture the "sports car" feel without losing all the utility/practicality - this is where the "hot hatch" category got created (among others - wagons, high performance SUVs etc.). But these are not sports cars, they exist in their categories as high performing versions of utility focused cars. Doing that the other way around - taking a sports car and giving it extra utility - is where we get the category "Grand Touring" cars.

The CTR was not designed from the ground up for driving first. Nor, was it a sports car which had extra utility/comfort added. It is, by design, a factory modified version of a mass market compact sedan (again, one that was executed with fantastic engineering to great success - this is not an insult). If the CTR is a sports car, then any tuned sedan with a body kit (or really any car which comes from the factory looking a bit more aggressive and/or having a decent driving experience) can be argued into the sports car category. This makes it pretty difficult to draw any line and still have the "sports car" category mean anything.

The CTR is a fantastic, excellent, fast, fun, sporty car with top tier value. It is not a sports car.

:)

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i consider myself to be a helpful and friendly person also.
I enjoy the car for what it is, whether someone thinks it's a sports car or not. No reason for me to worry about what others think of my car. They are not the one paying for it lol.

and yes I have had hondata since it came out. I live like 2 miles away from them but they do not allow public access so was not able to go into their facility. A friend of mine is a tuner and deals with hondata though so i brought my ecu to him and he dropped them off locally to hondata and got my ecu jailbroken the same day at that time. Went this route because i did not feel comfortable shipping an ecu out.
Awesome, I just got mine. Sorta complicated so im just using base 93 oct map to start. Sorry for the back and forth. Its the internet lol.
Sponsored