First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well guys & gals it's been a fun ride, but I'm saying goodbye to my 2017 Si coupe. Fear not my friends I'm trading it in on a 2020 Type R. I just couldn't give up the chance of owning one of the best fwd cars ever made and I really want those extra ponies ?.
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
What changed for you that now you're getting the CTR?

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What changed for you that now you're getting the CTR?
Well being a 17 model I currently own there's a lot of nuances that drives me nuts. The touch controls being one of them, besides that I really do want something with a little more performance. I know I could mod the hell out of my Si, but being older I'm really not into dropping a bunch of money on mods while sacrificing reliability. I personally love the look of the CTR and always wanted one. Seeing as it has been praised for its handling, power, practicality,and comfort it's an upgrade I'm very much looking forward to. So as long as the on going negotiations via email go the way I think that's fair I will be upgrading.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Good luck and congrats

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
What's the trade in value for your SI? if you don't mind providing those details

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Very nice and congrats on the upgrade! The desire for more power is hard to resist. I'm guilty of it too. I will say though I've been super happy with the Si. Definitely not a powerhouse by any means but has enough pep to keep it from getting boring. That and the handling is amazing. I've not driven a CTR but I can only imagine it is like an Si on steroids.

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice and congrats on the upgrade! The desire for more power is hard to resist. I'm guilty of it too. I will say though I've been super happy with the Si. Definitely not a powerhouse by any means but has enough pep to keep it from getting boring. That and the handling is amazing. I've not driven a CTR but I can only imagine it is like an Si on steroids.
Don't get me wrong I still love my Si and if the deal does not work in my favor I will be keeping it. I have a feeling they will be more willing to work with me due to the current situation and how the market has tanked. So don't congratulate me just yet until the deal is done ?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Congratulations. I'm not fond of it's styling, but it is an amazing car. This is where Honda put it's money, and it is a worthwhile upgrade. I would advise you to switch to 18" wheels, as the 20" are a bit harsh for daily driving (keep them for track day!), 18" tires will smooth out the ride and make it quieter and a comfortable daily. I learned that from a friend who was kind enough to let me drive his CTR...on a twisty road!

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Grats! (hopefully)

Just so you know, they're just as bad in the R.

EDIT: Unless you're referring to the HVAC controls, which are indeed better in any 2019+ Civic.
The HVAC and the volume controls are exactly what I'm talking about lol.

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations. I'm not fond of it's styling, but it is an amazing car. This is where Honda put it's money, and it is a worthwhile upgrade. I would advise you to switch to 18" wheels, as the 20" are a bit harsh for daily driving (keep them for track day!), 18" tires will smooth out the ride and make it quieter and a comfortable daily. I learned that from a friend who was kind enough to let me drive his CTR...on a twisty road!
Yeah the 20s as beautiful as they are were a bad choice and I'll probably go with a 19 if I see the ride is a bit too harsh on the daily.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any pics yet?
Sponsored