Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I hope the salesman at the dealership I've been in contact with is misinformed but he claims the 2017 Civics won't be arriving in showrooms until November! Arrrrgh....

Does that sound right?
Sponsored

OKMrazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Accord LX V6
I hope the salesman at the dealership I've been in contact with is misinformed but he claims the 2017 Civics won't be arriving in showrooms until November! Arrrrgh....

Does that sound right?
That's what I have been generally planning on, say late Oct.-mid Nov. I'd love the Hatches to arrive earlier, though.

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sounds about right. If I recall correctly, that's when the 2016 sedan model hit dealerships. Plus, its only a few months away. Although it's been hard to stay patient, especially with no news on them. But that may be better, since it will allow us to "hopefully" see what the Si has in store by then.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
Does he REALLY know, though? They may get released any day now.... with little to no changes.

redrob2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future: 2017 Civic Touring (Current: 2013 Jetta TDI)
I'd love to get an idea of what the plans are for 2017s. I'm guessing nothing will change, maybe fix some bugs/annoyances but I doubt much more. I've got a VW I'll be selling back in November(?) and hoping to get a 2017 that has some of the glitches fixed that the 2016s have. All the press is focused around the Si, R and hatch that no one seems to know/care about the sedan/coupe. Oh well ... hopefully some sort of order sheet pops up soon for them.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
if they are coming in October/November when does Honda usually release info ? I am waiting on the Hatchback sedan model.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Mazda Miata, Honda Pilot
Country flag
I think September/October is more likely. The cynical may note that the salesman has an incentive to claim the arrival of new models is distant in an effort to encourage you to buy a car that is on the lot today.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds about right. If I recall correctly, that's when the 2016 sedan model hit dealerships. Plus, its only a few months away. Although it's been hard to stay patient, especially with no news on them. But that may be better, since it will allow us to "hopefully" see what the Si has in store by then.
Yeah, I think the '16s came out November-ish, when I bought a week before X-Mas my salesman said they'd been out about a month or so.

Plus, with the hatch coming and the 1.5T 6MT, there's enough changes coming that I wouldn't expect an earlier release for the 17s.

2016 has flown by, so fall will be here quickly...

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I want that hatchback!!! LOL I'd trade my touring for it with a quickness!

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
so would the hatchback be considered a new first year model ? I would think so.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
so would the hatchback be considered a new first year model ? I would think so.
i would consider the hatchback a first year model for assembly Quality Control, but a 2nd year model for physical parts and firmware updates.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I think if you buy a later build date say around may/june/july. Its almost like buying a 2017 model. If there was a update Honda would install it. The only thing thats going to change is the year on the window sticker. The 17's are already being built. Do you really think they changed the production line? Do you think the people that builds our cars learned something different from that friday they built the last 2016 car to monday when the 2017.started up?

OKMrazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Accord LX V6
personally would NEVER buy one.....the first year model is always full of bugs, and the manufacturer/dealers play stupid and don't really care about fixes until at least the (next) model year. I've bought at least 25 brand new cars in the last 35 years and found that rushing into the first model year is just plain stupid.
I just don't get this at all. "... would NEVER buy one [first model year]... just plain stupid," said the guy citing a 2016 Touring Coupe in his bio. And in a thread topic specifically about 2017's - the second model year.

OKMrazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Accord LX V6
Go back and read the thread einstein. It's about the HATCHBACK. Which will debut in 2017. The FIRST YEAR!! So you would be wrong stating that it is the (second) year!!
To be clear - the thread is about 2017's.... if YOU in fact go back and read the thread, you'll see it's ME who brings up the Hatchbacks in the second post. You must be a Einstein's research fellow!

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
personally would NEVER buy one.....the first year model is always full of bugs, and the manufacturer/dealers play stupid and don't really care about fixes until at least the (next) model year. I've bought at least 25 brand new cars in the last 35 years and found that rushing into the first model year is just plain stupid.
I think that's a bit silly. Just because a car is a first year doesn't mean it's full of problems.
Sponsored