First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lmao this shit is more common than not around here, it always cracks me up when it's some huge tip just attached to the OEM exhaust
it's like bobble heads

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
RAM 1500 TRX, 0-60 3.7 seconds. Admittedly, an edge case, but even the Ford in this test is sub-6 seconds. As noted above, even less exalted trucks now have gobs of power and the ability to put it down to good use.

In a straight line, natch. And it's still a truck. On the highway and even back roads, the people blowing by me like we're on the Ring are usually in pickups or SUVs. Doesn't take much these days to put the right foot down and go fast. Yawn.

The people with actual performance or sport-oriented vehicles around here generally are the least likely to blow by you on the highway doing 90+. It's like, yeah, I can do that too, but what's the point on a cold morning at oh-dark-thirty with the temps below freezing? On an interstate that's as exciting as wet toast?

Deane

First Name
Deane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ariel Atom 3S
Country flag
Yeah, I'm just watching for those 90+ dudes to blow by a cop that they didn't see as they weave in and out of traffic. It does happen! Karma!

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
yeah and when the law officer surveys the crowd of haul assers which car gets his attention first? Certainly not the farm vehicles...the damn sports car!
I def take it easy - not using Waze or radar just going a little above the speed limit.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Reflecting on how easy and cheap vehicle power comes today and how reasonable fuel prices are..... a driver's paradise compared to the unspeakable suffering in drivers' hell during the 70's/80's with junk underpowered crappy cars.....

For what reason? Nothing else but wrong people in power.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a native and former resident of NY, I will try to refrain from taking a dig at New Jersey. I mean, why pile on?
Okay, can't resist: ' Either you pay up by next Friday, or we'll swap out your spoiler too!'

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
a driver's paradise
It really is in terms of fuel cost. Not just 70/80s, but in the mid-2000s too. At that time, when I was driving for the first time in high school, almost my entire weekly paycheck working at a local grocery store went to my gas tank. I remember paying $4.15/gallon for regular to fill the tank on my hand-me-down Pontiac Grand Prix in Clearwater FL.

The only bad part about cheap fuel is that we (the USA) ships (exports) more of it now than ever before, and we're shipping it at an incredibly low price compared to historical values. Being the largest exporter of something when it is at its historically lowest value, not really ideal.

At least we get to enjoy cheap premium fuel for the CTR anyway
Sponsored