Saw a prior gen Civic with a chrome Si Logo

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
It looked factory so I was guessing it was Canadian. The Si used to be called the SiR there right?

So did they have like a dull looking Si model underneath that?
Sponsored

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
As a Canadian - we have had Si models for many many years. We had a SiR hatch in the early 2000's

If you are referring to a gen 9 Civic Si, we had sedan and coupe models and they all came with a VTEC sticker in front of the rear wheel and like all Si models has a bumper badge to identify it as an Si

OP
OP
Ataricade

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
As a Canadian - we have had Si models for many many years. We had a SiR hatch in the early 2000's

If you are referring to a gen 9 Civic Si, we had sedan and coupe models and they all came with a VTEC sticker in front of the rear wheel and like all Si models has a bumper badge to identify it as an Si
It was older then a 9th gen. So did you have an EX back then as well or was that basically your Si

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Older 9th gen would have had a series of different trim levels - LX, EX, EX-L, Si - I might be missing one

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the 6th and 7th gen civics, Canadian Si = American Ex and the CDN SiR = USA Si.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looked factory so I was guessing it was Canadian. The Si used to be called the SiR there right?

Silver SI badge could have been a red one that has faded the red paint leaving only the chrome backing

OP
OP
Ataricade

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
For the 6th and 7th gen civics, Canadian Si = American Ex and the CDN SiR = USA Si.
Silver SI badge could have been a red one that has faded the red paint leaving only the chrome backing
That’s interesting I didn’t know that they did that but yeah this def wasn’t a US Si. Looked like a EX or EXL so makes sense it was prob a older Canadian Si as explained in a prior post.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s interesting I didn’t know that they did that but yeah this def wasn’t a US Si. Looked like a EX or EXL so makes sense it was prob a older Canadian Si as explained in a prior post.
I've seen FG2s with odd variances. Like the sideview mirrors that mount on the door panel instead of at the very corner of the door.
Sponsored