cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I enjoyed his video. Always nice to see accolades heaped on a car that I own. :)

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Funny, Redline put the SI as one of the worst cars of 2017. Love SavageGeese btw.

The SI is mentioned @ 11:00.

OP
OP

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It's a valid critique through the lens of "performance."

But performance does not always equate fun. I was initially surprised the GTI wasn't on his list. But his reasoning is that the car is refined to the point of being a tad boring. And the WRX, while a clear value-to-performance leader, got dinged due to the vague shifter, the ECU constantly dialing back timing, and the interior ergonomics being a tad misplaced. After thinking back to my own test drives, I can't say I disagree.

Deleted member

There's a huge number of cars for 29,999 or less nowadays that are fun to drive and each have a distinct flavor so there really is something for everyone. It is a great time to be a petrolhead.

Cars that come to mind:

Miata
GT86
Civic Si
370Z
Mustang
Challenger
Camaro
Golf GTI
WRX
Focus ST
Fiesta ST
Mini Cooper S

I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting.

Last edited by a moderator:

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny, Redline put the SI as one of the worst cars of 2017. Love SavageGeese btw.

The SI is mentioned @ 11:00.
The impression I got from both SavageGeese and Redline was that both of these two reviewers had owned civics in the past. Each has their own biases, and Redline seemed to take the "VTEC gone and no power gain? WTF Honda?" mentality. SavageGeese may have a nostalgia bias, where anything Honda Civic is Gold. Redline from what I could tell took the car at face value, whereas SavageGeese actually took the Si to the track and drove the car, stating something along the lines of, "30 seconds in and already you can tell this is the fastest Civic Si ever built."

I don't know if Redline took the Si to the track, but he definitely had some negative bias toward it. He loved the CTR, if I remember correctly.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
There's a huge number of cars for 29,999 or less nowadays that are fun to drive and each have a distinct flavor so there really is something for everyone. It is a great time to be a petrolhead.

Cars that come to mind:

Miata
GT86
Civic Si
370Z
Mustang
Challenger
Camaro
Golf GTI
WRX
Focus ST
Fiesta ST
Mini Cooper S

I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting.
I havent driven all of those cars, but from research and some first hand experience I would rank all those cars listed from best to worst as such strictly on fun factor and drivability:

Miata
Golf GTI
GT86
370Z
Civic Si
Fiesta St
Focus St
WRX
Camaro
Mustang
Mini Cooper S
Challenger