Saturday Car Detailing Results (+New Product Review!)

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The weather was decent enough to go outside and show some love to the Si.
The photos I am posting today are only the final result and skips a lot of the process of getting to the end result.
One thing to note is that I didn't spend the entire time focusing on complete scratch removal, I spent the time necessary to get the results I was happy with before applying wax (plus, I had limited time.)

If you like what you see I will post the products I used at the end of the post.

To begin, I always start with pressure washing the wheels, tires and wheel well to remove any loose contamination and make it easier for the wheel and tire cleaner to attack the embedded stuff. *I always do this before pre rinsing the car to avoid water spots.

My preferred wheel and tire cleaner is Gyeon Tire Cleaner however, I left it at someone's house so I used some Megs Hot Rim: Tire and Wheel Cleaner. It gets the job done, no complaints. It's also cheaper and can be found at your local AutoZone, Advanced etc.

Scrub tires with wheel brush.
I am fortunate enough to have wheels I can reach through and hand wash the inside without the use of a brush.
Rinse. Inspect. Repeat to get desired results if necessary.

Honda Civic 10th gen Saturday Car Detailing Results (+New Product Review!) 4

I don't have photos for the wash process but to summarize:

Before rinsing the entire car, I start with bug removal. I pressure wash as much as I can and then apply bug remover. The best products I have seen so far is Gyeon Bug and Grime or Superior Dark Fury.
You can buy Dark Fury in a gallon or spray bottle at O'Reillys. Both are amazing products.
Rinse, check work. Repeat if necessary.

Next, I rinsed the car and hand washed using Griots Brilliant Finish soap. I decided to use this soap over Gyeon Bathe due to having less gloss enhancers but Megs Gold Class would have been my go to if I had any as it doesn't matter if I get gloss because I am polishing the paint.

While I was washing I sprayed each panel with Dark Fury to remove any previous waxes left behind so the new wax would bond.

Next up: Polishing. The goal behind this polish session was to remove the bulk of the scratches, I didn't have the time to correct the paint and to be honest, the wax would fill in most of the serious stuff anyways.

* I didn't need to clay bar or decon as I determined the condition of the paint didn't need it. Your situation may be different so keep that in mind.

Honda Civic 10th gen Saturday Car Detailing Results (+New Product Review!) inprocess

I used my trusty Griots G9 Dual Action and 3D One All in One (AIO) on a Lake Country orange pad.

*I removed the polish with a buffing towel and Gyeon Prep (IPA).

Finally, the most exciting part was applying the wax.

Gyeon released a new product called Q2 Wax and holy crap is this stuff worth it.

First impressions: It smells good, super slick and the tube that contains the wax is easy to use and apply to a applicator.

Applying was wasy enough, let it sit for 30 minutes and buff off. Buffing was simple, light pressure and its gone. When buffing off wax you will go through multiple buffing towels so make sure you have at least 3-5 or you will just spread the excess wax and leave streaks.

Results:

Honda Civic 10th gen Saturday Car Detailing Results (+New Product Review!) 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Saturday Car Detailing Results (+New Product Review!) 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Saturday Car Detailing Results (+New Product Review!) front

After this photo I noticed some spots I missed while buffing (hey, I'm not perfect, but that's why we check our work!) and it was all done!

Really had fun cleaning this up and enjoyed writing this up even if no body reads it lol
I am considering doing this again but with more detail, photos and products!

If you got this far, appreciate it.

(Most of the) Products Used:

Gyeon Prep
Gyeon Tire Cleaner
Gyeon Wash Mitt
Gyeon Bug & Grime
Gyeon Bathe
Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner Tool
Stoner Invisible Glass
Megs Wheel Cleaner
Superior Dark Fury
Griots Brilliant Finish Car Soap