sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
My Sport did not come with a satellite radio and for the past 12 years, I've lived on it. I know I can pair my phone but that isn't working bc my car won't keep it charged. I drive 100 miles a day and want the satellite. Has anyone swapped a stock satellite radio into their car? Dealer told me the harness was different but I'd like another opinion from anyone that has done it.
Thanks
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My Sport did not come with a satellite radio and for the past 12 years, I've lived on it. I know I can pair my phone but that isn't working bc my car won't keep it charged. I drive 100 miles a day and want the satellite. Has anyone swapped a stock satellite radio into their car? Dealer told me the harness was different but I'd like another opinion from anyone that has done it.
Thanks
https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-retrofit-hondalink-to-lx-sport.15805/

With a quick look I couldn't see whether or not its possible to get the XM headunit variant and even if you could you'd quite possibly have to buy and also connect the sharkfin which will have the AM/FM, GPS and XM and antenna in one (theoretically, not too sure).

If you're not looking for apple carplay or android auto you may be better going with an aftermarket and buy the xm tuner and antenna. Less of a headache tbh

OP
OP
sirchris

sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thanks. I can't find anything either. I have an aftermarket receiver but it doesn't pick up the same station across my drive (across Houston and it doesn't make sense) and it looks like an old Radio Shack set up either sitting on top of the dash or clipped to the ac vents

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
thanks. I can't find anything either. I have an aftermarket receiver but it doesn't pick up the same station across my drive (across Houston and it doesn't make sense) and it looks like an old Radio Shack set up either sitting on top of the dash or clipped to the ac vents
I meant an aftermarket radio lol

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
You need to check out vais technology. I have an LX Canadian model which has the upgraded head unit. The sound it puts out is fantastic. The only issue I have had is I cannot store presets. But for me all of my channels are close by so no issue. It mimics a Ipod and works perfectly. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
sirchris

sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is the only thing I don't like about the car. I'm even running into static on FM radio driving around Houston.. I need some kind of upgrade.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Huh? Why won't the car keep it charged, you have a 12v power outlet? Switch to just an online subscription and use the Sirius app on your phone, connect the phone to the car's bluetooth. I've don't that for almost 2 years on my Civic and it works great. You could also buy a Sirius stand alone radio and get a bluetooth adapter that fits in the radios' 3.5 aux jack too.

OP
OP
sirchris

sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My radio doesn't have a 3.5 aux Jack. That's part of the issue. Plus I don want have to change channels on my phone while driving

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
The SiriusXm app is also compatible with Android Auto. You can run Android Auto on your phone and it works fine- just set up your favorites on the Sirius app and its easy to switch stations. There are bluietooth adapters you can get the use the 3.5 jack. You could easily use one of those and then use a SiriusXm stand alone radio with the Civic.

http://store.xmfanstore.com/stereo-bluetooth-transmitter-for-siriusxm-radios.html

Kels70

First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the only thing I don't like about the car. I'm even running into static on FM radio driving around Houston.. I need some kind of upgrade.
I have the same problem . Soo hate the static....
Sponsored