First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport.
Country flag
Navigation Map UK,

Do we just update the map ourselves or does the dealer ?
I just drove over the new bridge in Edinburgh with sat nav on and it doesn't know that the road and bridge exist , nothing funnier than the car showing on the map as in the middle of the forth river and nav trying to recalculate and can find no roads .
Sponsored

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
If the Dealer does it, and for some unfortunate reason, something goes wrong and it messes up the head Unit, you should be covered (Check 1st).

If you do it, and you certainly can, and it should mess up, then you might not be so covered by warranty etc (Check again with Dealer)

Non-warranty head unit replacement is VERY Expensive, so you might want to consider this, when deciding on if you want to attempt it yourself, especially if there is a warranty consideration.

I had no problems when I updated the Garmin Maps on a Honda Head Unit a few months ago, but it was certainly a relief when the unit re-booted, and all was working again correctly !!

SHOULD work OK, but I think there is always that lingering worry, with the very Outdated Honda electronics, and the total FUBAR state of the official Honda head Unit update/bug fixes (even when carried out by the Dealer)
Sponsored