San Diego - Garage Rental For A Day?

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I tried to see if this question has been answered online but I couldn't find any local to San Diego specifically unless it was on the Navy Base. Is Anyone familiar or heard of a kind of service in which you could rent a garage for a day or by the hour? Unfortunately I live in an apartment complex and I'm getting a lip from Bayson R that will require me to get on the ground to install (thankfully I'm not lowered yet so I can do this without raising it from what I have seen on videos). It would be super awkward for me to be doing this installation and we're not really allowed to park into the spaces backwards so I wouldn't have the room unless I decide to rush on my own and I want to make sure I'm installing this properly.

Sure I can ask some friends or family but that is a last resort option. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has faced this situation before. Perhaps I should just suck it up and do the installation on the open parking lot however I would prefer it to not come to that. Anyone with any recommendations? Thank you very much!
Sponsored

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I tried to see if this question has been answered online but I couldn't find any local to San Diego specifically unless it was on the Navy Base. Is Anyone familiar or heard of a kind of service in which you could rent a garage for a day or by the hour? Unfortunately I live in an apartment complex and I'm getting a lip from Bayson R that will require me to get on the ground to install (thankfully I'm not lowered yet so I can do this without raising it from what I have seen on videos). It would be super awkward for me to be doing this installation and we're not really allowed to park into the spaces backwards so I wouldn't have the room unless I decide to rush on my own and I want to make sure I'm installing this properly.

Sure I can ask some friends or family but that is a last resort option. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has faced this situation before. Perhaps I should just suck it up and do the installation on the open parking lot however I would prefer it to not come to that. Anyone with any recommendations? Thank you very much!
Back when I lived in SD, my roommate and I went to a place called Gearheads Garage. It seems to be the kind of place you're looking for. It's in Oceanside so you have to drive a little bit, but it's not far at all. You can cruise by Cardiff and Del Mar for a nice photo-op afterwards :cool:

OP
OP
aegeanbluecivic

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Back when I lived in SD, my roommate and I went to a place called Gearheads Garage. It seems to be the kind of place you're looking for. It's in Oceanside so you have to drive a little bit, but it's not far at all. You can cruise by Cardiff and Del Mar for a nice photo-op afterwards :cool:
Ah yes I also heard about this place as well. I wanted some place a little bit closer but if that's the only place then I understand. And agreed it would be nice to take some pictures as an added bonus in the area. Thank you so much for responding I appreciate it!

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I’ve done plenty of installs in parking lots. Elementary schools on a weekend are actually kind of ideal. They are normally tucked in 1 way streets so there is almost no traffic.

OP
OP
aegeanbluecivic

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve done plenty of installs in parking lots. Elementary schools on a weekend are actually kind of ideal. They are normally tucked in 1 way streets so there is almost no traffic.
Thats... Actually a very great idea lol don't know why I didn't think of that. I agree there shouldn't really be any traffic in that area. +1 on this.
Sponsored