Samsung Galaxy S8+ and text

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Is anyone using a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and receiving text notifications on their info screen. I recently upgraded my phone from S6 and now I'm not receiving any text notifications.

I've tried turning on text messaging in car and it's saying my phone not compatible. Is there a setting on the phone I need to change?
Sponsored

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Is anyone using a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and receiving text notifications on their info screen. I recently upgraded my phone from S6 and now I'm not receiving any text notifications.

I've tried turning on text messaging in car and it's saying my phone not compatible. Is there a setting on the phone I need to change?
If you are stock and have the latest version of Android auto, then it's probably an incompatibility with Android that will have to eventually be resolved at some point later on with an update. It should work stock plugged in. In the mean time, the only other option is to use bluetooth. Android seems to be perpetually in beta phase all the time.

Probably the same situation with what happened here:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/android-auto-fails-on-google-maps.11532/

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the S8 & S8+ since it launched and no problems.

I'll try it later when I get off work.

OP
OP
dexdawg

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If you are stock and have the latest version of Android auto, then it's probably an incompatibility with Android that will have to eventually be resolved at some point later on with an update. It should work stock plugged in. In the mean time, the only other option is to use bluetooth. Android seems to be perpetually in beta phase all the time.

Probably the same situation with what happened here:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/android-auto-fails-on-google-maps.11532/
I'm not using Android Auto. just using Bluetooth and my text notifications are not coming up on my screen.

OP
OP
dexdawg

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Is your phone sync'd with bluetooth ? Check "trusted locations" and see if Hondalink is included in that.
Yes, my phone is connected with Bluetooth. I can receive phone calls but no text show up on my screen. Where do I find "trusted locations"?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have upgraded my Galaxy s7 Edge to the Galaxy s8 and haven't had any issues with text notifications or anything on my dash since the phone first came out.

OP
OP
dexdawg

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Have upgraded my Galaxy s7 Edge to the Galaxy s8 and haven't had any issues with text notifications or anything on my dash since the phone first came out.
Is there a setting or something I should be looking for or checking? My Text/Email tab doesn't even allow me to click on it. I think it's a setting with the phone but I can't seem to find it.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Yes, my phone is connected with Bluetooth. I can receive phone calls but no text show up on my screen. Where do I find "trusted locations"?

It's under security settings most likely. I don't have a Samsung but that's where it is under my Android.

The more I think about it it is likely also an accessibility issue. Generally Android requires granting permissions for new access. It's under apps settings. Then you check Bluetooth, phone, sms,etc. I have to go through the approval process Everytime I reflash an image to my phone. Even if it's sync to Bluetooth if it don't grant access then it will by default block everything

kumarsaha

First Name
Kumar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Country flag
I have been facing this problem on my Galaxy S9+ phone for quite some time now.
Sponsored