GreyGhost

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ram 3500, 13 Chry 200, 3 Civic 10's
Country flag
I have been looking for a new Grey Metallic Sedan for some time now. Biggest issue has been I do not pay MSRP, nor do I agree until I have all all of the purchasing information, extra fees, etc. All of the under MSRP responses listed online have been misleading. Either the listed price includes the new college grad and the 1st responder discount or the markdown includes a service agreement.

But this is a new tactic for me. A dealer calls me from 319 499-4637 and introduces himself as a salesman from Billion Honda in Iowa City, Ia. As we discuss a deal, he mentions that I stated in previous conversation that I might order a new 2021 at MSRP, but I would never pay MSRP on a new vehicle just prior to the new model year. He told me they just got a notice this morning from Honda, "Honda is delivering all 2020 orders and will not be making a 2021 Honda Civic Si. Production will resume in 2022 for the Si"

Checking the area code with my text communications, the area codes match.

Can anyone validate this notice or is it just pressure sales?

Grey Ghost
Sponsored

Turn1racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Country flag
It’s true. There are a few threads about it in the General section and this sub forum.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
it's true honda is pausing 2021 model for Si

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Me thinking Coupes will be selling for top $$$

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's as rare as a unicorn sighting but the salesman speaks the truth. All the news is going to make it even harder for me to get a deal on my 2020 blue Si coupe.

OP
OP

GreyGhost

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ram 3500, 13 Chry 200, 3 Civic 10's
Country flag
With all the troubles I was having chasing down a Grey sedan, I changed tactics and settled for my second choice. Of the 19 Si available to me within 300 miles, most were in the Chicago area. Of those, 9 were Black Coupes. So I spammed every dealer with a black coupe a no haggle offer of $27k out the door. I got five replies. The first two haggled and we were done. The third was locking in the offer when a side comment about my problems finding Grey surfaced. The Dealer said wait a minute, and after verifying, confirmed a new Grey Coupe had dropped the night before. Start to finish, in 6 hours (3 was actual travel to dealer) I was driving off the lot with my Grey Si minus 2 doors, with all weather mats and wheel locks. I did have to file tax/title and licence (TTL) on my own (out of state purchaser), but out the door including TTL was a shade under 27k. MSRP was 25,200 plus 495 for mats and locks. Agreed price was 24,200 or 1495 below MSRP. The fantasy was finding a Grey Si, the real world is its going to cost you around 27k out the door.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nobody wanted coupes last year and nobody wants coupes now that they're dead.
Just dropping in to say I got my blue Si COUPE on JULY 30. Exactly what I wanted. I traded in my 2018 EXT COUPE. Before that I had a Veloster Coupe and before that a Celica COUPE. I really prefer a COUPE. Yes, I am in the 6% of Civic owners who bought a COUPE. But, it's not true that nobody wants a COUPE.

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Coupe, 2019 Acura ILX A-Spec, 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Country flag
I got my 20 SI Coupe yesterday, was able to get it OTD at 26400 which wasn't the best deal but not terrible. Every other dealer in the area was asking over MSRP for SIs coupe or sedan.

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
It's true. They do it every year before a big remodel. They did it with the 9th into 10th gens as well. Creates hype around the new car. Hey, I'm not complaining. My Si's value went up $1,000 this month lol.
Sponsored