IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I happened to log on to my Honda web account, and I found this notice under the recall section:

"
Safety Recall: Replace AC unit update PCM

An outstanding recall or product update campaign has been identified for your vehicle. However, the description document for this campaign is not yet available. It will be posted shortly. For immediate assistance, please contact your Honda dealer or Honda Canada Customer Relations at 888-HONDA for more information.

"
I can't find much info about it, and my local dealers have not caught on to this just yet.

Any owners (especially those from Canada) have seen this notice?
Sponsored

OP
OP
IDriveACivic

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I called the Honda corporate #. They explained that this is a product update and not a recall. It has to do with the supposed "fuel dilution" issue with the 1.5T.

iLude

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Country flag
I wonder what the AC unit has to do with fuel dilution? I know there has been word that the AC compressor is defective (the "whirling" noise you get between certain RPMs) but I wonder if they're trying to package these things together to limit exposure?

OP
OP
IDriveACivic

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I wonder what the AC unit has to do with fuel dilution? I know there has been word that the AC compressor is defective (the "whirling" noise you get between certain RPMs) but I wonder if they're trying to package these things together to limit exposure?
The support rep said it's for those with heating issue as well as fuel dilution. I haven't experienced either problem, but they said I should bring the car in anyway (free of charge).

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reached out to my dealer after learning of this.
Apparently Honda Canada is doing every 1.5 turbo under this program even though only a very small number are affected.
My dealer is booking the 2nd week of December, the job itself takes 3 hours.

Ksmit129

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic ex-t
Just had it done today, while at the dealership for another issue which turned out to be a half inch rock stuck in my rotor and shield. I mentions to the advisor about my oil level being 3/8 past full on the dipstick. They did the recall no questions asked, he said the recall "allows the shutters behind the grill to close faster so the engine will stay hotter and warm up quicker" by switching out the A/c module and software updates

Honda Civic 10th gen Safety Recall: Replace AC unit update PCM 20181203_163020

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Just had it done today, while at the dealership for another issue which turned out to be a half inch rock stuck in my rotor and shield. I mentions to the advisor about my oil level being 3/8 past full on the dipstick. They did the recall no questions asked, he said the recall "allows the shutters behind the grill to close faster so the engine will stay hotter and warm up quicker" by switching out the A/c module and software updates

20181203_163020.jpg
Is that in USA?

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
The PGM-FI and TCM and ECU mods that Honda is doing here in Canada, gets me wondering, if after the recall service, I flash with K Tuner and I ask K Tuner to reset to "factory map" (or basically restore to previous version) will it rest to what literally the modules were programmed when the car was rolled off the assembly line? Or will it reset to the same programs the dealer installed as part of the recall?
Sponsored