SAFETY RECALL! 2017-18 Civic Steering Gearbox

heybuddy1901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Are you saying this only affects 25 vehicles total?
Nobody knows because the OP didn't link the recall notice.
Holy crap what a click bait thread. It affects only 25 civics NATIONWIDE. Those affected should get a letter in the mail.. everyone calm down. lol

Honda Civic 10th gen SAFETY RECALL! 2017-18 Civic Steering Gearbox Capture.PNG

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Sounds like a component used in the electric power steering, and sounds like a problem with the OEM supplier doing a crappy job of designing the part than Honda actually messing something up. These torque sensor assemblies are whole components bought from a supplier like Bosch I am guessing.

snowflake

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe- White Orchid
Country flag
Are you saying this only affects 25 vehicles total?
Yes, information at this time says only 25 vehicles affected. Best bet is to call and have your VIN checked to verify if you are in need of having it done or not.

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this says only 25 units, but my 2017 EX hatch exhibits some signs of this bulletin. Occasionally my steering will jerk to one side or the other as if it were say a windy day when there is no reason for it to veer. I feel like at times I need to correct the wheel more than usual for straight driving. I also have an issue with my steering wheel not being centered, and before you ask I have not hit anything. I even had a four wheel alignment done and it did not fix the issue. I have an appointment on Friday to have it checked out. I bought my hatch in august of 2017.
Sponsored