redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
No reason to up the limit unless you have upgraded the turbo. With an upgraded turbo 7000-7200 seems fairly common. I think MAP ran theirs up over 8000 without blowing it up somehow. ;)
I upgraded to the 27won W1 turbo and as soon as flex fuel kit & TIP come in I’m planning on getting a custom tune. Never really considered raising the rev limiter for some reason. I’m assuming this can be done through KTuner?
Sponsored

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I've seen it cranked up to 8k. But 7k is pretty good. Not worth raising the limmiter unless you have a spooly boy that can benefit from it.
8k on stock valve springs and retainers?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I upgraded to the 27won W1 turbo and as soon as flex fuel kit & TIP come in I’m planning on getting a custom tune. Never really considered raising the rev limiter for some reason. I’m assuming this can be done through KTuner?
The tuner will move the powerband further into the RPM range to 1) make the power more linear and 2) try to prevent torque steer, excessive wheel spin and bending your rods. Depending on how much power you are going for, they may move the rev limiter. You can do it in Ktuner, but unless you are experienced, I wouldn't mess with the rev limiter

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
8k on stock valve springs and retainers?
Yup.
Haha don't listen to @kshawn , he's one of the big boys with a built engine :)
Lol

Vit, way back in the day, had his going to 8k on a dyno video. All stock. But I believe a motec may have been involved to get over the HPFP freaking out in the mid 7000s.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup.

Lol

Vit, way back in the day, had his going to 8k on a dyno video. All stock. But I believe a motec may have been involved to get over the HPFP freaking out in the mid 7000s.
Yeah yeah yeah I believe you. I'm sure there was some valve float going on in there though

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah yeah yeah I believe you. I'm sure there was some valve float going on in there though
Probs. This isn't the right platform for super high rpms.

I made sure to throw some titanium springs and retainers, in my head, for my build TSP block. Tho even the gtx2860r .64 will drop boost above 7200. Youll need the .86 or the gtx2867r to make good use of 7k+

If we get more trump bucks I'm ordering a gtx2867r lol.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Haha don't listen to @kshawn , he's one of the big boys with a built engine :)
No worries aha. I understand. I just don’t see why someone want to rev this under squares motor with stock parts. Would be cool to see people destroking a bit and bore out the block. See how she responds to revs then

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
No worries aha. I understand. I just don’t see why someone want to rev this under squares motor with stock parts. Would be cool to see people destroking a bit and bore out the block. See how she responds to revs then
I mostly was just curious because I hate how short the gears feel compared to older gens. I just want the vtec life and the boost life, but that's jut not realistic in these cars lol i do prefer my power at the top of the range though, and my car falls flat on its face after 5700 ish.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I mostly was just curious because I hate how short the gears feel compared to older gens. I just want the vtec life and the boost life, but that's jut not realistic in these cars lol i do prefer my power at the top of the range though, and my car falls flat on its face after 5700 ish.
I hear you. It’s nice I guess having tq down low for everyday driving but at speed, the car feels ehh. Power up top is fun. But many people complained about Honda’s weak low end of their motors of yesterday

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Interesting discussion. I'm afraid that without replacing parts, that we are stuck with the designed RPM limitations.

Pity. Back in the early 70's my next door neighbor was testing a built-up Cortina engine (4 cyl.) for his buddy's Midget Car. They had it on a stand with some instrumentation hooked up to it.

As I looked at the "tach", they had set the red line at 12K rpm.

I stood there enamored, as I heard the sound change it's character as it passed through 8k rpm.

As the rpm ran past 8k rpm, the sound would change from "angry chainsaw" to a serious "racing snarl" "gurgle".

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting discussion. I'm afraid that without replacing parts, that we are stuck with the designed RPM limitations.

Pity. Back in the early 70's my next door neighbor was testing a built-up Cortina engine (4 cyl.) for his buddy's Midget Car. They had it on a stand with some instrumentation hooked up to it.

As I looked at the "tach", they had set the red line at 12K rpm.

I stood there enamored, as I heard the sound change it's character as it passed through 8k rpm.

As the rpm ran past 8k rpm, the sound would change from "angry chainsaw" to a serious "racing snarl" "gurgle".
That "gurgle" you heard was probably the valve springs crying out for mercy as they held on for dear life!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Probs. This isn't the right platform for super high rpms.

I made sure to throw some titanium springs and retainers, in my head, for my build TSP block. Tho even the gtx2860r .64 will drop boost above 7200. Youll need the .86 or the gtx2867r to make good use of 7k+

If we get more trump bucks I'm ordering a gtx2867r lol.
It's funny you mentioned stimulus. I spent some of my "Trump bucks" on an F-Sport Sway bar set, and performance Lower arm control bushings :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Safest Redline with stock cams? 1590268087415

Honda Civic 10th gen Safest Redline with stock cams? 1590268156727

Doing the install tomorrow. Next stimulus payment? An RR Racing Cusco RS LSD!!! :p:p:p:p
Honda Civic 10th gen Safest Redline with stock cams? 1590268349564

I'm putting my hard earned tax payer dollars to work!

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's funny you mentioned stimulus. I spent some of my "Trump bucks" on an F-Sport Sway bar set, and performance Lower arm control bushings :D

1590268087415.png

1590268156727.png

Doing the install tomorrow. Next stimulus payment? An RR Racing Cusco RS LSD!!! :p:p:p:p
1590268349564.png

I'm putting my hard earned tax payer dollars to work!
Spent mine on the 27won cat back lol

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Spent mine on the 27won cat back lol
Well they want us to stimulate the economy, right? What better way than add performance mods ;)
Sponsored