Safe Civic si whp/torque numbers

GlahdoSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hello fellow Civic X owners I was searching around the forums about safe horsepower/torque you can get out of these 10th gens. Would 300+hp/torque be something to crazy for a daily? Reading up on all these posts about blown motors is making me nervous
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Mostly you end up blowing the engine in long-term. Your clutch will definitely burn before that

Bluecoupe777

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm no expert on the matter, but even if you flash the car for another 30-40 more hp you are taking a risk to some degree. 300 hp/torque is going to require more of a budget, and that's an awful lot of power in my opinion to be pushing on these engines long term.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Stock is safe. Anything higher is a risk. Modify and drive accordingly. Most of us feel TSP Stg1 is the safe limit.

randomisjustfine

First Name
Tadas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Every time I come across this type of post and comments below I start wondering how you guys drive these cars, and where do you live.

I consider myself an aggressive driver, and at the end of the day I find myself going above 20 psi(stock) maybe once a week for like 10 seconds. There is absolutely no reason to go above 6k rpm as well, since on every tune there is a drop off in both power and torque or it’s a flat line in that range. Usually you are somewhere in 4-6k range and bellow stock psi. Running in some kind of twisties, or creating your own ones while dealing with slower traffic.

Now think how these cars are made. First of all they are made to comply with regulations. Emissions and mpg is what determines what hp/q numbers you see in 2019. It is absolutely not true, to think that 205 hp is the end of the line for reliability and performance. All the metals in your engine are probably stressed only at like 60-70% when you are flooring it around 6500 rpm and 20 psi. And it’s probably good for 220-230 hp if emissions are taken out of the context. That’s why you have same cars with same engines having different numbers in Japan or Europe let’s say. And no one makes a car that is capped at 99% stress levels.

If you are going to drive your car at the redline with 6 more psi for thousands of miles then yeah... you are taking life from this engine. Otherwise, what makes you think that tuned car is all of a sudden is less reliable and only gonna live for 50k miles instead of 100k if you are driving even below stock limits and even more so below components capabilities for 98% of a time?

Keep it lubed and it’ll get you to 200k miles.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
80k on tsp1 with cm300 and prl dropin with intake pipe. i think it is about 270tq and 250hp according to other peoples dynos.
recently sent logs to tsp and they said it is running perfectly and no tune adjustments are needed.
i am flashing the dash 1-2 times daily and do track days as well as autocross.

i consider this safe as i get zero blowby and everything is very healthy.

more than this: i have no experience with.

i know i have said all this in other posts, but this is a repeat question so i might as well repeat the answer:thumbsup:

Bluecoupe777

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think as I'm getting older I'm driving less in a spirited fashion, but as my last 3 cars made more power in Stock form I'll admit I won't rule out a ktuner or Hondata stage 1 tune when my warranty expires. But I'm thinking from what I heard earlier I may fry the clutch if too aggressive on the throttle.

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I believe that the general concensus is that TSP stage 1 is still considered safe power levels. Don't drive like a maniac and keep maintenance up to date and the engine will be fine.

I'm on TSP stage 1 for 8k miles now daily driven with a 60 mile round trip and I run on Map 2. Runs excellent with an average of 36 MPG still. This includes the occasional burst on on ramps here and there.

If you have 300 hp and Tq, remember, it's not like you are going to be stressing the engine at 300 HP and Tq on every single shift every minute of everyday.

OP
OP
GlahdoSI

GlahdoSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Personally I want to go Hondata, downpipe, frontpipe, Prl cobra cai, clutch and a nice custom tune I also drive this car 75miles to work so most of my driving is on the freeway

EngineerEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
80k on tsp1 with cm300 and prl dropin with intake pipe. i think it is about 270tq and 250hp according to other peoples dynos.
recently sent logs to tsp and they said it is running perfectly and no tune adjustments are needed.
i am flashing the dash 1-2 times daily and do track days as well as autocross.

i consider this safe as i get zero blowby and everything is very healthy.

more than this: i have no experience with.

i know i have said all this in other posts, but this is a repeat question so i might as well repeat the answer:thumbsup:
Just curious since you've run 80k miles on TSP1:

1. How often do you run map 3?

2. Are you still running the stock clutch?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I stay on map 1 for a lot of the time.

...It's so hard to stay away from map 3 though, all them torques are addicting.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
This is just my opinion, but for myself, I wouldn't run this car at 300 whp without building the engine first. As a daily driver, TSP's stage 1 tune would be as far as I would go without building the engine and going to a stage 1 clutch. There have been people who have run it reliably around 270 to 300 whp, but I'm not that daring!

Keep in mind that because it's a lightweight FWD platform, most of that power will have to be pushed higher into the RPM range to avoid torque steer and excessive tire spin and shredding (also less stress on the rods), so off the line you wouldn't see that much gain, where you would see it is 30 mph and above
Sponsored