Sad weekend for the Civic!

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
I wish you luck, the insurance will cover repair at any shop you choose, unless the shop is being completely uncooperative. As far as you concern with the alignment I'm not sure why the shop hasn't removed the wheel to visually inspect the suspension. again good luck.

OP
OP
ryansommer

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
How's the other car?
Well, the front was crumpled fairly bad, as it should. I don't know anything further than what I saw at the scene, but I imagine they will need a new front bumper, new hood, new headlights, etc.

OP
OP
ryansommer

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
This is sad. Good luck.
I wish you luck, the insurance will cover repair at any shop you choose, unless the shop is being completely uncooperative. As far as you concern with the alignment I'm not sure why the shop hasn't removed the wheel to visually inspect the suspension. again good luck.
Thanks, I'll post how it all gets resolved in the end.

FedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Civic LX 2.0l 6spd
Country flag
Sorry to see this. I was rear ended May 2016 only 2 weeks into ownership. Was over 7k to fix damage to my Honda. Was a perfect rear hit so they replaced bumper, trunk, tail lights, paint all oem parts. Make sure it's honda certified parts. Also did a alignment for safety and to be safe. New car seat because if you have a car seat in a accident it must be replaced and is covered. Dirty 05 escape hit me at traffic light. She was not paying attention. I'd get a broker for insurance next time.

OP
OP
ryansommer

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I'm picking up the car this Monday, the frame report came out okay, and they even put a new stock exhaust so I will have a new project and some extra pipe to work with!

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
I'm picking up the car this Monday, the frame report came out okay, and they even put a new stock exhaust so I will have a new project and some extra pipe to work with!
Good luck with everything. I see so many "texting" rear enders here in New York. It has really become an epidemic.
I hope the car runs and rides like new now.

OP
OP
ryansommer

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Good luck with everything. I see so many "texting" rear enders here in New York. It has really become an epidemic.
I hope the car runs and rides like new now.
Yes, I have a feeling the guy who hit me was texting or at least distracted, I gave him a brake light flash and slowed down as gradually as the situation allowed, yet he still hit me.
And yes, I am hoping it runs and rides like new as well! We'll see come Monday.

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
Yes, I have a feeling the guy who hit me was texting or at least distracted, I gave him a brake light flash and slowed down as gradually as the situation allowed, yet he still hit me.
And yes, I am hoping it runs and rides like new as well! We'll see come Monday.
:bump:

OP
OP
ryansommer

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I went to pick up the car today and ran into some trouble with the body shop. They had "forgot" to do an alignment of the wheels, and there was a healthy 2 inch scratch in the freshly painted, factory new bumper. They are promising that the car will be ready by end of day today despite the delay. We'll see.

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
I went to pick up the car today and ran into some trouble with the body shop. They had "forgot" to do an alignment of the wheels, and there was a healthy 2 inch scratch in the freshly painted, factory new bumper. They are promising that the car will be ready by end of day today despite the delay. We'll see.
That is just plain carelessness on their part. Look at it with a really close eye and don't accept anything that doesn't look quite right.

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
OP, how about now? All better?

OP
OP
ryansommer

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
OP, how about now? All better?
Problem solved, both issues fixed same day by the body shop. Car doesn't pull anymore, the rear wheel alignment was way out of spec when they finally did give me the report.

Now working on fabricating a custom exhaust, will make a thread and post photos of the process!
Sponsored