mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC60, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Well, may end up to be not so sad though.

So Since my first post in here took quite some time till I could realize that I may never be able to drive a HB Civic Sport plus as called by Honda in Turkey.
In May this year I could get one of 2018 MY for about 150,000 Turkish Lira and had no idea that they have given some special discount int hat period but I had no choice but to wait as my money was not yet ready.
Beginning of July I had the money and went to the dealer and they told me that 2018 is finished and the new price is around 175,000 for the 2019 model. And they are not having any till the end of July.
Ok I had no choice but to wait. beginning of August I headed to the dealer and they said that well there is no civic available and it will be there end of August.

When I went and asked for more details I realized that due to the very bad economical situation in Turkey they haven't really done anything. On the other side they are closed to year 2020 so selling the 2019 may not be a right thing.
I realized that that I had to buy maybe a second hand one.
Meanwhile I had some chance to collect more money and thought to see other options and some were quite tempting like going for a second hand type R.

But problem is that how one can tell if the Type R has been seriously abused even with low mileage? What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

novadrive

Well, may end up to be not so sad though.

So Since my first post in here took quite some time till I could realize that I may never be able to drive a HB Civic Sport plus as called by Honda in Turkey.
In May this year I could get one of 2018 MY for about 150,000 Turkish Lira and had no idea that they have given some special discount int hat period but I had no choice but to wait as my money was not yet ready.
Beginning of July I had the money and went to the dealer and they told me that 2018 is finished and the new price is around 175,000 for the 2019 model. And they are not having any till the end of July.
Ok I had no choice but to wait. beginning of August I headed to the dealer and they said that well there is no civic available and it will be there end of August.

When I went and asked for more details I realized that due to the very bad economical situation in Turkey they haven't really done anything. On the other side they are closed to year 2020 so selling the 2019 may not be a right thing.
I realized that that I had to buy maybe a second hand one.
Meanwhile I had some chance to collect more money and thought to see other options and some were quite tempting like going for a second hand type R.

But problem is that how one can tell if the Type R has been seriously abused even with low mileage? What are your thoughts?
merhaba :wave: Get under the car if you can, check for rust and other obvious signs of issue, make sure all of the screws are where they should be. (Could be a sign of someone having worked on the car) Check the engine bay for the same things. Unfortunately there is not too much you can do to be 100% sure. Drive it if you can and feel it out, listen to the engine it will tell you everything you need to know. Good luck.

OP
OP
mehrdad

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
merhaba :wave: Get under the car if you can, check for rust and other obvious signs of issue, make sure all of the screws are where they should be. (Could be a sign of someone having worked on the car) Check the engine bay for the same things. Unfortunately there is not too much you can do to be 100% sure. Drive it if you can and feel it out, listen to the engine it will tell you everything you need to know. Good luck.
Merhaba chief,

Well, Today I could only see a CTR with 5,000 KM on it, he said if I'm interested I can take it to an expert after spending some deposit of course.

novadrive

Merhaba chief,

Well, Today I could only see a CTR with 5,000 KM on it, he said if I'm interested I can take it to an expert after spending some deposit of course.
I would take him up on that, but pick your own "expert". It is always possible that he will take it to a buddy's shop and try to fool you.

OP
OP
mehrdad

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag