Sad news

xpaulS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord 1999
The only proof, that the Old Continent is nothing that Honda takes care of ... Accord both sedan and estate axed 2015, only remaining family car will be axed this year ... All others happy to offer their estates ... And Accord-sized cars sell themselves like hotdogs - everyday. This carmaker no longer attracts me. Maybe next gen CR-V could be sedan or pick-up only? Would that be nice Honda? NO, because CR-V is all but family car! Sooo angry recent years about their empty decisions ...

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...urer-diesel-engines-could-be-next-115087.html

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/...axed-and-diesel-engines-could-go-the-same-way
Sponsored

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Perhaps it's a perspective issue since I'm from the US, but I don't see a problem here.

We never had a Civic "estate" in NA. There once was an Accord "estate" or station-wagon here, but no one bought them, so there's no attachment here. Crossovers and minivans fill the gap for those who can't live with the SUV's handicaps as a people mover.

The author is greatly mistaken when he sites the USDM as being a factor in Peugeot's decision to discontinue their wagon. Peugeot hasn't sold a car here since, what, the 1980's?

I'm completely unsurprised that Honda discontinued a model based on the 9th gen when production is moving to a new platform. Clearly they expect the HR-V to fill that niche.

Nor is it surprising they are abandoning diesels. That's a dead-end technology, especially after VW's scandal. Honda's FCV is a much simpler and cleaner model for the future.

Granted, I'm a Honda fan, but I don't see why anyone wouldn't be excited about the direction Honda is going.

OP
OP

xpaulS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord 1999
Well,

I think it´s different point of view definitely. I believe you would be sad if the next gen CTR would not come to the U.S. This gen YES, next gen NO, just because they said so.

It´s sad, that´s all. Diesels? They are good guys, and bad guys. DTEC diesel has real-world fuel efficiency about 70 MPG. What´s wrong with it? FCV is definitely more complicated technology - production, storing ... not easy ...

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You scared me for a second. I started reading the paragraph and thought the Honda Accord was being discontinued

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Perhaps it's a perspective issue since I'm from the US, but I don't see a problem here.

We never had a Civic "estate" in NA. There once was an Accord "estate" or station-wagon here, but no one bought them, so there's no attachment here. Crossovers and minivans fill the gap for those who can't live with the SUV's handicaps as a people mover.

The author is greatly mistaken when he sites the USDM as being a factor in Peugeot's decision to discontinue their wagon. Peugeot hasn't sold a car here since, what, the 1980's?

I'm completely unsurprised that Honda discontinued a model based on the 9th gen when production is moving to a new platform. Clearly they expect the HR-V to fill that niche.

Nor is it surprising they are abandoning diesels. That's a dead-end technology, especially after VW's scandal. Honda's FCV is a much simpler and cleaner model for the future.

Granted, I'm a Honda fan, but I don't see why anyone wouldn't be excited about the direction Honda is going.
Ive seen 3 peugeot's in the last year or so... All brand new all with nj license plates.. Odd.. Wonder if theres a dealer

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Well,

I think it´s different point of view definitely. I believe you would be sad if the next gen CTR would not come to the U.S. This gen YES, next gen NO, just because they said so.

It´s sad, that´s all. Diesels? They are good guys, and bad guys. DTEC diesel has real-world fuel efficiency about 70 MPG. What´s wrong with it? FCV is definitely more complicated technology - production, storing ... not easy ...
Now a death in the family or a friend is sad. This is just disappointing.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive seen 3 peugeot's in the last year or so... All brand new all with nj license plates.. Odd.. Wonder if theres a dealer
Interesting, I see on their website they have a global purchasing program, so perhaps someone in 'Jersey is importing them for resale. There is a speciality dealer in town here who does imports.
Sponsored