S.E.S Making oil cooler kit for 2020 models using Type R TC Oil cooler core bar and plate.

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Thermostat gets oil hotter quicker. Stock motor has a oil heater when cold then cools when it's hot as well.
Yes it used the same water to oil as the transmission .
Sponsored

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
TYPE R Jose in IG running the same oil cooler and he's competing in the Super lap battle this November He said he's not having any Cooling issues
Would be great if he can share data on track and pics

parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Hopefully this is another solution for 2020 owners looking or an oil cooler that won't mess with honda sensing; keep us updated

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hopefully this is another solution for 2020 owners looking or an oil cooler that won't mess with honda sensing; keep us updated
Yes is the idea, at the moment I'm getting great data, now I need to track the car and get some logs. The good thing according @201FK8 another person is using same core in race and having good results. I will see if I can reach him out unfortunately I don't have Instagram.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Dan, if you test it in the heat on the track as you have mentioned you may want to also pull out the fog lights out while tracking like I do. It is very easy to do - pull the black garnish around the fog light off and undo the two screws and unclip a wire harness before pushing back on the black garnishes. It will definitely get more air into the oil cooler for cooling..
I like the design and size of this oil cooler. With its size and oil port location I think this would have been a bit easier to fit for me on the passenger side as a second cooler..

Last edited:
OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Dan, if you test it in the heat on the track as you have mentioned you may want to also pull out the fog light while testing this set up on the track. It is very easy to do (two screws and unclip a wire harness) and it will definitely get more air into the oil cooler for cooling..
I like the design and size of this oil cooler. With its size and oil port location I think this would have been a bit easier to fit for me on the passenger side as a second cooler..
Yes, I will, the idea is do testing more like ''stock'' as possible and see how efficient is, but yes I have a couple ideas for testing, I will reveling later, my intention is get the proper ducting for the 2020 models using the side vent .

Now after the street driving or spirit driving I'm very satisfice with the results, now I'm working on the properly ducting and test on track.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, I will, the idea is do testing more like ''stock'' as possible and see how efficient is, but yes I have a couple ideas for testing, I will reveling later, my intention is get the proper ducting for the 2020 models using the side vent .

Now after the street driving or spirit driving I'm very satisfice with the results, now I'm working on the properly ducting and test on track.
Looking good ?, what brand gauges did you use and how did you hooked them up If don’t mind me asking?

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Looking good ?, what brand gauges did you use and how did you hooked them up If don’t mind me asking?
I'm using Pro sport gauges, I love them, fast refresh rate, great quality and price, good features the gauges has memory of peak max temps, background illumination ( blue, green, red, white) it has programable alarm and output if you want control something like a audible alarm or light and programable dimmer.

I'm making a kit, I'll be posting when I finish, the water temp sender has adaptor for the radiator water hose and the oil temp sender is mounted on the oil cooler thermostatic sandwich.

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)