First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just received my RV6 Ball Bearing Turbo and installed it. Waiting on the Axion Fuel System to arrive, and a custom tune by Phearable. Quality is top notch from what I can tell.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just received my RV6 Ball Bearing Turbo and installed it. Waiting on the Axion Fuel System to arrive, and a custom tune by Phearable. Quality is top notch from what I can tell.
Can't wait so see it run in Fontana

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't wait so see it run in Fontana
I'll put some heat on your Si if I can get the fuel system. Axion says the PNP clips are being made and are 1-2 weeks out.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll put some heat on your Si if I can get the fuel system. Axion says the PNP clips are being made and are 1-2 weeks out.
You should be able to with that bb turbo shine alone

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Two runs last Wednesday:

60ft - 2.394
1/4 mile - [email protected]

60ft - 2.403
1/4 mile - [email protected]

93octane

Cecil County Dragway - Temps were between 58f-60f

Notes:
I only ran one of two tunes that I have. The tune is not complete. Meaning, I was supposed to show results of these runs with 1/4 mile data and datalog to continue tuning.

60ft time sucked. Trap speed improved on 93 octane ONLY over typical 102-103mph with Si turbo and 100-102mph stock turbo, both on 93 octane.

I chose this tune because it's the most aggressive of the two I have so far (RevItUpBrasul and Phearable).

Car runs and feels fine. I did not launch (brake torque) off the line *Not Recommended*. My 3rd run I did brake torque and launched fantastically but the car before me spilled fluid at the starting line, that they just cleaned up so my tires just spun to infinity. :mad::thumbsdown:

I have a hose/fitting that throws a check engine light due to either being loose or a hole in it somewhere on my intake and/or intercooler rubber tubing. That's why I haven't finished my Phearable tune yet.

So...that's the update. Topend is good but your stock turbo is a BEAST off the line. Don't underestimate it. This turbo drives great otherwise. I need to launch off the line more aggressively than I do with the stock turbo. Again, this is not recommended. It's only for testing purposes and reporting. Will update if/when I do some more tests.

YellowShinobi77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Could someone send in some clips (whether it be manual or cvt) of how it sounds in the cabin while driving with this turbo setup? Just heard it from Tony Castillo's video on the si with this turbo, sounded amazing but also curious to see what other people had.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
Could someone send in some clips (whether it be manual or cvt) of how it sounds in the cabin while driving with this turbo setup? Just heard it from Tony Castillo's video on the si with this turbo, sounded amazing but also curious to see what other people had.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ll be going to The Experience this weekend. My estimated time for my car is 13.5 in the 1/4. Just dynoed the car last night on 5/02.
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 R365 RED Ball Bearing Turbo official thread IMG_6384

261 hp and 253 tq. At the wheels. Add 12% for rotational loss and the numbers 292 hp and 283 tq at the crank. This is boosting at only 18psi. I have not taken the tune to a higher boost yet but maybe near the end of the year I will when I get the Hondata fuel upgrade.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ll be going to The Experience this weekend. My estimated time for my car is 13.5 in the 1/4. Just dynoed the car last night on 5/02.
IMG_6384.jpeg

261 hp and 253 tq. At the wheels. Add 12% for rotational loss and the numbers 292 hp and 283 tq at the crank. This is boosting at only 18psi. I have not taken the tune to a higher boost yet but maybe near the end of the year I will when I get the Hondata fuel upgrade.
You will run between 13.8-14.1@102-103mph.
Good luck! I hope you do what you stated or better.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You will run between 13.8-14.1@102-103mph.
Good luck! I hope you do what you stated or better.
The thing that plagues the platform is the 2.2-2.4 60’ times. On a slick with 1.7 60’ times we can get a better time.

Reactions: Myx

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
IMG_6384.jpeg

Damn that’s a healthy ass dyno graph power looks smooth and linear especially for only 18psi good stuff. I think you already have an understanding the 60ft kills the time a lil bit but should run the time you’re aiming for depending on conditions the day you take the car. Look forward to seeing what it pulls!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing that plagues the platform is the 2.2-2.4 60’ times. On a slick with 1.7 60’ times we can get a better time.
I couldn't agree with you more.

In the meantime, I was curious about the event you plan on going to (Famosa Raceway). It seems the high and low temps today (69F/49F today and 68F/48F on Sunday) will be very similar. The humidity will be a little more today then forecasted Sunday. If you wanted (Or had the time) you could probably do a *private* practice run or two today (with a Dragy) to have an idea of what you may be running on Sunday. Checking AirDensityOnline.com, the track air density doesn't seem like it'll be too bad (Between 1000ft and 1600ft). Should be fun racing on that day.

Looking forward to see how you do. Hell....run a high 12 second run for us. :p :thumbsup:

I'll warn you though, I've only did two runs with this turbo this year at a dragstrip. My two 60ft times were 2.394 and 2.403, launching the same way I always did with the Si and stock turbos, that did 2.1's-2.2's. This was with two different tunes (RevItUpBrasul and Phearable....both not complete) but with aggressive lowend tunes. The last run I went all out with brake torquing but spun the tires to death at take-off. So beware that your lowend 60ft times more likely than not will look like crap as compared to a stock turbo, even while asking for an aggressive lowend.

I ran a [email protected] and [email protected]. I'm ok with this and may fool around with a better 60ft time if I get the itch. I'm happy with the trap speed for now. Temp was 64F-65F. Boost was around 27psi on topend with both tunes. Good luck!

Last edited:

YellowShinobi77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey everyone, after following this thread for months and doing my research, I finally installed the Rv6 Ball Bearing Turbo on my fk7 CVT! I posted a YouTube video, please follow me for more updates!

YellowShinobi77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update, I got a second revision and car is running good! However, the turbo spool is actually a lot quieter than I expected. stock turbo with PRL cold air intake + turbo inlet was actually a lot louder than my big turbo right now. Was the rv6 turbo louder than your stock turbo + cold air intake + inlet?

I asked Derek Robinson to see if it was anything on the tuning end?
Sponsored