BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Then why even ask? If you believe that then have at it.

Maybe with an aftermarket exhaust. I noticed little to no difference after a front and down pipe install.
Strength in numbers brother. Seeing other opinions and providing what I’ve found.
Sponsored

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If the downpipe and front pipe being changed doesn't increase hp then why change it?

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
He was saying it doesn’t increase sound
according to the previous page in this thread, if i am reading correctly it looks like both of those are being said, a front pipe will NOT add sound & a front pipe will NOT add power. Just rephrasing/repeating what i saw previously.

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I like ceramic coat since it is bonded with the surface. The silver version really cuts back on the radiant heat. You can put your hand right next to it.

We included a defouler that we tested to work in most situations. However you might still get a random CEL.
If I order the ceramic coat can I still heat wrap it?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
according to the previous page in this thread, if i am reading correctly it looks like both of those are being said, a front pipe will NOT add sound & a front pipe will NOT add power. Just rephrasing/repeating what i saw previously.
I’m reading it does increase power

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thats what i thought. But when someone posted on the previous page do you really gain 12 hp someone said no.
That was before I found 2 sources showing otherwise. It would make sense as there isn’t any sensors measuring air after the cat so it can benefit from the increased airflow without the need for a tune

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
That was before I found 2 sources showing otherwise. It would make sense as there isn’t any sensors measuring air after the cat so it can benefit from the increased airflow without the need for a tune
I have a catless dp that im waiting to install. I have a hondata as well, both of which i am waiting to install. I wasnt going to go with a front pipe but now im thinkin maybe i should for the extra power.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
I have a catless dp that im waiting to install. I have a hondata as well, both of which i am waiting to install. I wasnt going to go with a front pipe but now im thinkin maybe i should for the extra power.
Do it ! You won’t regret it. RV6 makes top notch stuff. Had a full RV6 catless Exhaust system from front to back back in the day on my TL TypeS and it was amazing ! Sound and HP gains were pretty impressive!!

I’ll be going with RV6 again hands down! Guy knows what he Is doing and building

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Do it ! You won’t regret it. RV6 makes top notch stuff. Had a full RV6 catless Exhaust system from front to back back in the day on my TL TypeS and it was amazing ! Sound and HP gains were pretty impressive!!

I’ll be going with RV6 again hands down! Guy knows what he Is doing and building
Well i came across a great deal on an HKS Catless, so i went with that. When it comes to Catless to me a pipe is a pipe. But front pipe I think i will go RV6.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Well i came across a great deal on an HKS Catless, so i went with that. When it comes to Catless to me a pipe is a pipe. But front pipe I think i will go RV6.
this is true to a certain point,a pipe is just a pipe, but the quality of the work done and weld finishes makes a big difference. I’ve seen some pretty crappy weld finishes and rough inside which makes for a lot of airflow noise ect. HKS is good also, so your good to go. Was just letting you know in the case you were on the fence on it. His craftsmanship and quality of work is bar none.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
this is true to a certain point,a pipe is just a pipe, but the quality of the work done and weld finishes makes a big difference. I’ve seen some pretty crappy weld finishes and rough inside which makes for a lot of airflow noise ect. HKS is good also, so your good to go. Was just letting you know in the case you were on the fence on it. His craftsmanship and quality of work is bar none.
Much appreciated, I have no doubts about it. I have only heard good things about RV6. Im already sold on the front pipe, just gotta place the order.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
If I order the ceramic coat can I still heat wrap it?
I have black ceramic coated DP and FP. I also wrapped them in DEI titanium. Do not wrap the catalytic converter though. It is not recommended by DEI to do so. I’ll post pictures soon on my build thread
Sponsored