RV6 Performance FK8 Civic Type-R Downpipe Options

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
These pieces are gorgeous!
Sponsored

S3ty9

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 type r 2017
Country flag
When mine should be shipped? I ordered last week

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Still waiting for mine

Still waiting for I was in the first batch of people to order
Do you even read through this thread? We get it you are still waiting, you don’t need to keep posting that.

You choose ceramic coating according to an earlier post by @RV6 and those were sent to the company that does the coating. RV6 stated it would be and extra 1-2 weeks if you chose this option if I recall. Chill and be patient.

Also why do you have a Cobb banner on your R (profile pic) when they don’t even support this platform?

bRYANT619

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RR CTR/15 4Runner
Country flag
Got mine! Wasnt expecting the swag pack! Thank you so much RV6

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Bet he will get his sooner than my ceramic coating. Just to make him feel better. lol

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Instead of ordering first, i make sure all 4 nuts and bolts loosen before i order tonight.

Whola!

Spray some PB.
1/2 - 25in breaker bar
1/2 - 5in extension
1/2 - 14mm socket

1/2in leverage have better breaking power than 3/8in drive. Hopefully this will help someone else.:thumbsup:

20180715_110019.jpg
How did you take off that earth dreams intake pipe? Those 2 bolts seem like a pain in the ass to get to.

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
How did you take off that earth dreams intake pipe? Those 2 bolts seem like a pain in the ass to get to.
They are a pain - the rear most bolt can be hit with a simple extension, but the front bolt takes some effort to get to.

I used a 5 inch extension, with a universal adapter on that end, then the 12 mm socket on top of that. Roughly this orientation to get back into that location. Some other lines and wires might have to be gently pushed out of the way.

I would also recommend having an extendable magnetic rod to pick up the bolt should it drop out when removing.

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance FK8 Civic Type-R Downpipe Options IMG_5532.JPG

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
They are a pain - the rear most bolt can be hit with a simple extension, but the front bolt takes some effort to get to.

I used a 5 inch extension, with a universal adapter on that end, then the 12 mm socket on top of that. Roughly this orientation to get back into that location. Some other lines and wires might have to be gently pushed out of the way.

I would also recommend having an extendable magnetic rod to pick up the bolt should it drop out when removing.

IMG_5532.JPG
You are the man, going to buy some of these tools today, my 10mm socket is still sitting on top of that aluminum engine undercover....

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

IMG_5532.JPG
Yeah these were a pain!! All the stuff quoted above will help a lot. I also recommend (if you are buying tools) is a magnetic socket set. Finally make sure you have the special socket with the slot on the side to get the top O2 sensor off. A regular socket or wrench will not work with the wire coming out of the top.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotta move that wiring harness out of the way first. 2 x 10mm. You should have more room to take those 2 bolts with extension.
Yes thanks that too! I forgot all the crap i took off to get this pipe off.