Dennietho

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl FK8
Country flag
The issue is the unresonated exhaust since it was tuned around a stock downpipe. Now that you increased flow and the exhaust can no longer dampen the rasp. The solution would be to add a resonator.
That's what I assumed... guess I'll be throw back on the resonator. Hopefully I'll still have the pops and burbles.
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Milltek unresonated exhaust and thought it sounded perfect. Had a shop install the ceramic coated RV6 catted downpipe and they said they didnt install one of the heatshield bolts because it would drill into the turbo blanket.
Now the car is really loud and sounds like a fart can above 3k rpm. Is it because the heat shield isnt bolted down all the way or the downpipe? Will the raspiness go away after the downpipe breaks in? I read in the forums that the catted downpipe barely changes the sound.
yeah, that's due to no resonators man...it'll sound farty for sure

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
The issue is the unresonated exhaust since it was tuned around a stock downpipe. Now that you increased flow and the exhaust can no longer dampen the rasp. The solution would be to add a resonator.

Are you guys coming anytime soon with the turbo back exhaust??

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have both a catted and catless dp from you guys (both ceramic coated) and the quality is amazing. No problem with my ceramic coating. Still looks new.
yeah, one reason I went with RV6 over PRL was honestly because of past experience...the RV6 pipes I had on my RL was great

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
The catted DP has been great on my Type R, although haven't put a ton of miles on it since isn't my daily driver.

Speaking of my daily driver, my 14 Accord V6 has a RV6 catted DP's as well. They have been great as well for years but lately has been occasionally throwing a code. Would have to look at the specific code but something about the catalytic converter not running efficient I believe.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I threw an emissions CEL with my Catted RV6 DP and the included defouler within 100 miles of install. Is that... normal? I thought that the Catted DP wasn't supposed to do that, especially with a defouler.
Sponsored