PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
Guys, save me 25 pages and ELI5. To benefit from a downpipe, I have to do a retune? Also, is this CEL worry free setup for our CTR so far?
Using KTuner or Hondata is the only way to 100% guarantee not having a CEL. They both have maps for if you are running a downpipe. You can run a downpipe without a tune and benefit from it, but you may throw a CEL.
Sponsored

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I can't wait to install it. Probably get around to it next week. I'll also be doing a frontpipe and turbo blanket. I already have my Ktuner just need to get the ECU unlocked.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't wait to install it. Probably get around to it next week. I'll also be doing a frontpipe and turbo blanket. I already have my Ktuner just need to get the ECU unlocked.
The front pipe opened up the car much more than I expected it to. Sounds like a good little setup you have going!

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing to note, the DP installer actually broke the RV6 defouler, I may have had better luck with it. We ended up having to use a different one which might be the source of the issue. Nevertheless, same thing happened with both KTuner and Hondata, KTuner was just able to eliminate it with a software update. Hondata required a hardware update, an angle grinder and some swearing :D
The included defouler is specifically tuned to the catted or catless downpipe. It is unlikely a off the shelf one will work. Shoot us a message if you need another one.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The included defouler is specifically tuned to the catted or catless downpipe. It is unlikely a off the shelf one will work. Shoot us a message if you need another one.
You know what? Now that you mention it, I'm positive you already sent me one. If I ever go flash-less, I'll add it on but for now, I'm good with just going direct into the DP with the sensor.

Thanks Rich!

Reactions: RV6

Re-spect

First Name
Fazil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Do we need an o2 extension with the catless RV6 DP?

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Waiting for spring. It is too cold here to dyno at the moment.
Any updates? I'm waiting to see dyno results to determine if it's worth spending the money on a catted downpipe. I'd really like to see dynos with a Hondata or ktuner tune so the torque limit isn't a factor.

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates? I'm waiting to see dyno results to determine if it's worth spending the money on a catted downpipe. I'd really like to see dynos with a Hondata or ktuner tune so the torque limit isn't a factor.
We did the dyno last week. Will upload it soon. The catted version made -6hp and -6tq compared to catless. Not a bad for not having to worry about smell.

Dennietho

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl FK8
Country flag
I have the Milltek unresonated exhaust and thought it sounded perfect. Had a shop install the ceramic coated RV6 catted downpipe and they said they didnt install one of the heatshield bolts because it would drill into the turbo blanket.
Now the car is really loud and sounds like a fart can above 3k rpm. Is it because the heat shield isnt bolted down all the way or the downpipe? Will the raspiness go away after the downpipe breaks in? I read in the forums that the catted downpipe barely changes the sound.

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the Milltek unresonated exhaust and thought it sounded perfect. Had a shop install the ceramic coated RV6 catted downpipe and they said they didnt install one of the heatshield bolts because it would drill into the turbo blanket.
Now the car is really loud and sounds like a fart can above 3k rpm. Is it because the heat shield isnt bolted down all the way or the downpipe? Will the raspiness go away after the downpipe breaks in? I read in the forums that the catted downpipe barely changes the sound.
My Rv6 catless DP hardly changed the sound of both the OEM and an aftermarket exhaust. Not sure what you mean by "breaking in the downpipe" as it has no moving parts but I left off my turbo heat shield because the blanket covered it adequately. I did however reuse the down pipe heat shield no problem.

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The issue is the unresonated exhaust since it was tuned around a stock downpipe. Now that you increased flow and the exhaust can no longer dampen the rasp. The solution would be to add a resonator.