TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
Update - the video supplement to this written instillation guide has been created and is linked in the original post.
Sponsored

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
Thanks alot. I'm gonna install it this week. I also got it ceramically coated from Hot Jet.
About how long did the install take you?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice install. I have to wonder though...are any gains actually seen from replacing the factory downpipe with another downpipe that has a cat? From the looks of it, the factory one is beefy...I wonder if a catless would even reveal much of any gains?

OP
OP
TheShadow

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks alot. I'm gonna install it this week. I also got it ceramically coated from Hot Jet.
About how long did the install take you?
I would say pulling the parts off and installing the new ones can be done in under 2 hours, but it is really worth your wait to let the penetrating liquid soak into the turbo bolts for at least an hour or two. People have snapped those and it is not a fun job replacing them.

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
Update - the video supplement to this written instillation guide has been created and is linked in the original post.
How did you remove that bolt on the front side of the heat shield? as you mentioned in the guide, it's EXTREMELY difficult to get to. My wrist is killing me trying to get the wrench in that small narrow space

OP
OP
TheShadow

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How did you remove that bolt on the front side of the heat shield? as you mentioned in the guide, it's EXTREMELY difficult to get to. My wrist is killing me trying to get the wrench in that small narrow space
Try going up from underneath the car (through the belly pan.) Otherwise you can try extensions / flex joints, but it is tricky to keep the socket on the bolt head with that way. As a last resort the cross brace on top of the radiator can be removed, but it takes more time to do that.

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
Try going up from underneath the car (through the belly pan.) Otherwise you can try extensions / flex joints, but it is tricky to keep the socket on the bolt head with that way. As a last resort the cross brace on top of the radiator can be removed, but it takes more time to do that.
Thanks. I thought of going under through the belly pan but it seemed too far a reach

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
Is it possible to remove the downpipe with the heat shield attached?

OP
OP
TheShadow

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is it possible to remove the downpipe with the heat shield attached?
Unfortunately no - you will not be able to access the bolts / nuts securing the downpipe into the turbo. The shield will need to come off.

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
that sucks. i am gona have to remove that cross brace then