VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
Need some help please @RV6 or anyone else.

Anyone know why after this instal, I'm getting a check engine light and code, "Turbocharger Wastgate Control Actuator Postion Exceeded Learning Limit?"

I was super careful and gentle installing everything (rv6 catless down pipe, ptp turbo blanket, ptp top pipe blanket) but when I clear this code and reflash or disconnect the battery, it comes right back in seconds. I reflashed with @Hondata (downpipe, intercooler, 93, improved throttle response) and checked the "turn off secondary 02 sensor" box in the options.

Very confused.

Many thanks.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
With their defouler, the car still throws CEL? Another member posted up a defouler that can prevent the CEL : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cel-fix-...er-Adapter-Extender-45dgr-999145/372048255682

Hope this works, as I am also looking to get catless dp as well, but with no intention to get KTuner or Hondata at the moment.

Anyone know why after this instal, I'm getting a check engine light and code, "Turbocharger Wastgate Control Actuator Postion Exceeded Learning Limit?"

I was super careful and gentle installing everything (rv6 catless down pipe, ptp turbo blanket, ptp top pipe blanket) but when I clear this code and reflash or disconnect the battery, it comes right back in seconds. I reflashed with @Hondata (downpipe, intercooler, 93, improved throttle response) and checked the "turn off secondary 02 sensor" box in the options.

Very confused.

Many thanks.

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Very confused.

Many thanks.
But I turned off the 2nd o2 sensor with the Hondata, so why would you think it's still that?
That code is not related to the downpipe. Sounds like something is unplugged or a wire is loose.

With their defouler, the car still throws CEL? Another member posted up a defouler that can prevent the CEL : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cel-fix-...er-Adapter-Extender-45dgr-999145/372048255682

Hope this works, as I am also looking to get catless dp as well, but with no intention to get KTuner or Hondata at the moment.
The defouler we included and worked on every car we've tested locally.

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
That code is not related to the downpipe. Sounds like something is unplugged or a wire is loose.

The defouler we included and worked on every car we've tested locally.
Yeah, everything is pointing to a wastgate actuator motor connection gone bad from simply unplugging it and plugging it back in. Clearing the code and or reflashing, then cycling the ignition instantly brings it right back... starting the engine isn't required to throw the error code. I've got a friend who's a Honda Tech coming over to help me with it on Sunday.

jjerror

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, BMW Z4M, Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Which O2 sensor socket to use? i bought this from amazon but it didn't fit.