2.0L RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
According to the amazon reviews of that defouler others have used it for an 02 sensor and had success so hopefully it will work on these sensitive cars.
I hope so, but luckily my CEL hasn't came back on yet with the 2 washers + RV6 short defouler. Just in case it does, I should be able to to bore out the super short defouler just enough to fit the O2 sensor with a little bit of breathing room for all the holes.
Sponsored

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
These cars seem to be very particular. There are some people that are running the catted without a defouler without codes, and others are running it with a code even with a defouler, There are too many factors that go into play even like the temperature and humidity of where you live that can effect if you can run it. I have decided to just run the catless option and switch out the pipe every year for inspection, Id rather have the extra power. I will be ordering within 2 weeks im very excited.
We dont have inspection in Florida, but this mod can void my factory warranty? since i have all services included in the dealer.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I hope so, but luckily my CEL hasn't came back on yet with the 2 washers + RV6 short defouler. Just in case it does, I should be able to to bore out the super short defouler just enough to fit the O2 sensor with a little bit of breathing room for all the holes.
Just updating this for my own records since I will probably forget some details by the time I return to this:

So my CEL never came back on, but when I updated KTuner with the recent 2.0L update, KTuner showed either the P0139 or P0420 was flagged (Honestly I forgot which) that I reset. The CEL never came back on, and a few weeks later I decided to check with the OBDII reader to see if it showed the same thing which it did. The P0420 was flagged despite the CEL not coming on while having used the RV6 short spacer + 2 washers, so I removed 1 of the washers so there is the tiniest bit of clearance for all the side holes to be exposed. I never intentionally disabled the CEL lights via KTuner, so I'm not sure why the CEL didn't come on when the flags showed up.

I was originally going to try to use the even shorter spacer with the bored out opening, but apparently I didn't open it up enough (opening needs to be approx 0.55" ID to fit the O2 sensor) so if it flags again I will try boring it out more and go that route.

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sometime in the future I'd like to do the catted downpipe and KTuner while keeping the stock exhaust and intake. Has anyone else done this setup? And are they still seeing CEL codes popping? Thanks for any insight.

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Sometime in the future I'd like to do the catted downpipe and KTuner while keeping the stock exhaust and intake. Has anyone else done this setup? And are they still seeing CEL codes popping? Thanks for any insight.
I’m running the exact same setup, I disabled the code I was getting, easier to disable the code with ktuner than wasting my time tinkering with the defouler.

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m running the exact same setup, I disabled the code I was getting, easier to disable the code with ktuner than wasting my time tinkering with the defouler.
Thanks, have you tested your gains, or have any observations?

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ill be watching for someones catted dyno results, i feel like this is as close to getting headers as we can get, and i think combining this with an intake would yield the same results. Though i am worried about constantly having a check engine light or bypassing a sensor for the whole life of the vehicle.

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ill be watching for someones catted dyno results, i feel like this is as close to getting headers as we can get, and i think combining this with an intake would yield the same results. Though i am worried about constantly having a check engine light or bypassing a sensor for the whole life of the vehicle.
Doesn’t bother me at all, doesnt change how the car runs and you know what’s causing the light.

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers 0712319E-4BB5-430B-A99E-06117447F7EB

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A bad O2 sensor reading is going to throw off the air to fuel ratio in some instance which will burn more or less fuel to compensate. i don't know how the ECU is programmed to handle a sensor malfunction, either it ignores it and uses other o2 sensors, or it'll adjust till it passes the threshold what it feels is normal and trip the light and keep it there.. flooding the engine with too much fuel or too little fuel. it just doesn't sit well with me. i don't know how ECU's adjust the air/fuel ratio exactly. Now the K-tuner might negate this too, how it does it, i don't know. maybe it just disables the trigger for that sensor to trip the light, or maybe it disables ALL check engine lights ( i doubt that last one, id hope id be correct ).

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A bad O2 sensor reading is going to throw off the air to fuel ratio in some instance which will burn more or less fuel to compensate. i don't know how the ECU is programmed to handle a sensor malfunction, either it ignores it and uses other o2 sensors, or it'll adjust till it passes the threshold what it feels is normal and trip the light and keep it there.. flooding the engine with too much fuel or too little fuel. it just doesn't sit well with me. i don't know how ECU's adjust the air/fuel ratio exactly. Now the K-tuner might negate this too, how it does it, i don't know. maybe it just disables the trigger for that sensor to trip the light, or maybe it disables ALL check engine lights ( i doubt that last one, id hope id be correct ).
All of my data logs look really good, no issues thankfully.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so does it block the one from that sensor alone or all of them? im sure our cars have more than one in the exhaust dont they? Or does it disable ALL o2 related sensor error codes. This could be a very vital problem down the line and we would never know it has a problem
Sponsored