NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I love the downpipes power but it’s wreaking havoc cause of the noise I’m thinking of putting my stock muffler back even though I don’t really want to
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I love the downpipes power but it’s wreaking havoc cause of the noise I’m thinking of putting my stock muffler back even though I don’t really want to
That was my same predicament. Either keep the extra power and be really loud, or put the stock downpipe back on and have that nice growl back from my Flowmaster. I ended up selling the downpipe. I liked my sound better in the end. Especially since I drive it everyday to work.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That was my same predicament. Either keep the extra power and be really loud, or put the stock downpipe back on and have that nice growl back from my Flowmaster. I ended up selling the downpipe. I liked my sound better in the end. Especially since I drive it everyday to work.
Ugh I know but I do notttttt wanna go they losing money selling my downpipe id be much happier dumping more money into making my exhaust more enjoyable but fuck either way I’ll lose but if I put some more money and find a good sound I’d be much happier than going back to stock cat ya know what I mean. But at this point I’m at around $400 in money dumped in my exhaust going back and forth with ideas and now this downpipe is a screamer and that rasp is truly too much. Do you think it would be better to add another resonator or to add a muffler? I don’t wanna make another mistake and regret it but this is part of the hobby :’(

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Ugh I know but I do notttttt wanna go they losing money selling my downpipe id be much happier dumping more money into making my exhaust more enjoyable but fuck either way I’ll lose but if I put some more money and find a good sound I’d be much happier than going back to stock cat ya know what I mean. But at this point I’m at around $400 in money dumped in my exhaust going back and forth with ideas and now this downpipe is a screamer and that rasp is truly too much. Do you think it would be better to add another resonator or to add a muffler? I don’t wanna make another mistake and regret it but this is part of the hobby :’(
Well I know some guys got the downpipe with the stock exhaust on and say it sounds just a tad deeper then stock.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I know some guys got the downpipe with the stock exhaust on and say it sounds just a tad deeper then stock.
Do you think adding another resonator would help the rasp? Or just putting the stock muffler back in and taking the L

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would say to use the downpipe and get a flowmaster DBX welded in because the flowmaster DBX is designed to remove the higher pitched sounds and the rasp that is produced by our engines.
Ugh it’s so pricey tho! I just spent $170 installing that resonator and the new tips and $60 for the resonator itself I’m getting tired of putting money in it lol

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Ugh it’s so pricey tho! I just spent $170 installing that resonator and the new tips and $60 for the resonator itself I’m getting tired of putting money in it lol
Try it bro! Do it for science . The flow master itself sounds so nice that’ it’s hard for me to even think about making it louder because it’s in such a perfect spot for sound. You don’t have to get it now but if it’s too loud simply put the dp away put the stock cat on till you save up for a dbx.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try it bro! Do it for science . The flow master itself sounds so nice that’ it’s hard for me to even think about making it louder because it’s in such a perfect spot for sound. You don’t have to get it now but if it’s too loud simply put the dp away put the stock cat on till you save up for a dbx.
Yeah that is an option in my head but it’s like look where my resonator is... if I want the dbx I have to have that resonator moved and it’s 18” idk where I’m gunna put it and it’s just gunna be a pain in the ass lol

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve made my decision which is to return the stock muffler. That fat thing will definitely be quieter and should kill that rasp that breaks my heart

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I’m sad that I’m still in this situation but the rasp on my system is just too strong. Replacing the glass pack with the vibrant resonator did make the overall sound cleaner in a way but did not help the rasp of volume. The rasp just takes over I feel like it has potential to sound great but the rasp is killing me idk whether to add another resonator or try a muffler but I need it fixed ASAP
Why did you take off the glass pack? You install the resonator near the exit of the downpipe and put the glass pack towards the tip of the exhaust. It's a concerted effort between resonator and muffler to keep rasp and volume at a more reasonable level. The glass pack is a muffler, not a resonator, though it sort of functions in both capacities.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why did you take off the glass pack? You install the resonator near the exit of the downpipe and put the glass pack towards the tip of the exhaust. It's a concerted effort between resonator and muffler to keep rasp and volume at a more reasonable level. The glass pack is a muffler, not a resonator, though it sort of functions in both capacities.
The glass pack was making a very annoying noise like something was loose inside of it and it drove me crazy. I have the vibrant resonator where the stock one was. You think the stock muffler will quiet it back down? Cause if I throw it back on and it’s still not enough I will cry lol

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
That's how a glass pack works! lol... the noise passes into chambers that are filled with bags of glass to absorb the sound. Where you had it installed was directly underneath the cabin. It needs to be back towards the tip, where heat is the lowest and is furthest from the cabin so you're not heating up the glass or hearing the glass inside vibrating. Glass packs are high on performance, low on the noise-canceling however, but would be better soundwise for what you're wanting than without it. Any chambered muffler would work a lot better at dampening the sound. Did your stock option look like this? Dual chambered mufflers should quiet her down quite a bit.

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers s-l640

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It was very similar to that however only had one of those mufflers. I got it put back on. This whole situation has been stressful but that’s just our hobby! Have I gotten the sound I want? Hello no. It sounded so much better without the downpipe but at this point power is most important than sound cause right now my car is pretty much silent lol the stock muffler is crazy at silencing the sound but the funny thing is the rasp IS STILL THERE lmao it’s just super quiet but It still has the creepy as rasp. So, I’m happy it’s not loud anymore but this whole experience has taught me several lessons moving forwards

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Going forward I want to try and put all my extra money towards paying my loan down quicker

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Well guys hate to report in, but I got the CEL (P0420) yesterday while out with a friend. It happened around 450 miles. :(

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers Screenshot_20200111-100318
Sponsored