NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Do you mean putting a new vibrant resonator in the area I circled? Do you think that would work out?

847B6689-C602-44A3-B139-B62544CF6FE9.jpeg
Oh yes for sure especially that close to the downpipe that’s perfect the sooner you can put your resonator the quicker it can cancel out those rough engine noises!

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I never even noticed that there was a location for that there I thought there was only one heatshield area for a resonator that’s pretty nice

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Resonator makes a huge difference in muting out rasp. The DBX alone essentially exacerbates sound, especially without an actual muffler, or resonator. I'd put a Vibrant resonator in where the stock one was and move the DBX to the back end of the pipe where the muffler used to be.

I wouldn't run without a resonator or muffler. The downpipe performance is worth it, and the zero performance gain of swapping/removing the resonator/muffler is not.

Curious to see a p0420 code. That means the cat isn't converting fumes like it should. The other code was 0139, which meant the O2 sensor wasn't getting enough flow. I wonder if a non-angled defouler might get things to that happy medium of enough flow to prevent 0139, but not enough to flag 0420.... @RV6 thoughts? I've uninstalled and installed this thing enough I'm getting pretty pro at it.
I reset the ECU after I noticed the code on Monday and it went away, but I will update if it returns. Oh and I also just happened to hit 15% oil level (with maintenance minder showing B12) on the same day I got that code, so I wonder if it's related in any way, but that doesn't seem to make much sense since it sounds unrelated to regular scheduled maintenance. :dunno:

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers 6F2582E0-3E93-4F2B-9768-8611AC129325
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers B9F3DF29-E670-4936-AF56-9F31E943723E
You think the vibrant ultra quiet res will take the sound?
I think that’s a great choice however I would make sure that figment would work cause I know it has a different shape which is the only reason I didn’t get it cause I was worried about fitment and it is a little pricey. Buttttttt, I did get that resonator installed and the results are in. So, sadly, the rasp is still present. The same hot spots around 2.5k and around 3-3.5k especially deceleration. However, the tone of the sound is really attractive and it did clean up the sound but loudness remains the same, overall the sound is cleaner, and drone on the highway and some rpms is less than before. Overall, I am happy with the sound and hope the rasp tames itself a little more as time goes on. And also replaced the hdmi port with something a little more tasteful :)

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Resonator makes a huge difference in muting out rasp. The DBX alone essentially exacerbates sound, especially without an actual muffler, or resonator. I'd put a Vibrant resonator in where the stock one was and move the DBX to the back end of the pipe where the muffler used to be.

I wouldn't run without a resonator or muffler. The downpipe performance is worth it, and the zero performance gain of swapping/removing the resonator/muffler is not.

Curious to see a p0420 code. That means the cat isn't converting fumes like it should. The other code was 0139, which meant the O2 sensor wasn't getting enough flow. I wonder if a non-angled defouler might get things to that happy medium of enough flow to prevent 0139, but not enough to flag 0420.... @RV6 thoughts? I've uninstalled and installed this thing enough I'm getting pretty pro at it.
Has the P0420 come back after you cleared it? I have a short defouler I can send you.

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
6F2582E0-3E93-4F2B-9768-8611AC129325.jpeg
B9F3DF29-E670-4936-AF56-9F31E943723E.jpeg

I think that’s a great choice however I would make sure that figment would work cause I know it has a different shape which is the only reason I didn’t get it cause I was worried about fitment and it is a little pricey. Buttttttt, I did get that resonator installed and the results are in. So, sadly, the rasp is still present. The same hot spots around 2.5k and around 3-3.5k especially deceleration. However, the tone of the sound is really attractive and it did clean up the sound but loudness remains the same, overall the sound is cleaner, and drone on the highway and some rpms is less than before. Overall, I am happy with the sound and hope the rasp tames itself a little more as time goes on. And also replaced the hdmi port with something a little more tasteful :)
Damn dude you got on that quick! Good to hear your happy with the sound. New tail looks good too!

I reset the ECU after I noticed the code on Monday and it went away, but I will update if it returns. Oh and I also just happened to hit 15% oil level (with maintenance minder showing B12) on the same day I got that code, so I wonder if it's related in any way, but that doesn't seem to make much sense since it sounds unrelated to regular scheduled maintenance. :dunno:
How my miles approx did the P0420 come on from the previous reset?

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn dude you got on that quick! Good to hear your happy with the sound. New tail looks good too!

Yeah I’m as impatient as they come lol

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I’m as impatient as they come lol
If you don’t mind posting a sound clip hehe :) if it sounds good I’ll just get the same one you have. Hopefully with the flow master dbx it should stay the same or just be a tad louder. As of now I’m saving up for that downpipe

That new tips looks good bro!

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Has the P0420 come back after you cleared it? I have a short defouler I can send you.
That was me who experienced the P0420, and fortunately it hasn't came back yet. It's been a few months since I installed the catted downpipe and it only flagged once so fingers crossed it was just a random one-off, but then again something must have triggered it. Wonder if the colder weather may be a factor?

So is the P0420 like the inverse/opposite code to the P0139 (in relation to the O2 sensor placement)? Like if the O2 sensor is too "close" to the downpipe it flags the P0420, and if the O2 sensor is too "far" (like with the original L-shaped defouler) it flags the P0139? If so then that would make sense to try adding a short spacer to hopefully avoid it randomly flagging again.

Also, thanks for the continued support!

I don't recall the last time I reset the ECU, but I'm guessing it's been a few months of driving 150ish miles per week on average since I installed the downpipe and this is the first time I've had that code.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you don’t mind posting a sound clip hehe :) if it sounds good I’ll just get the same one you have. Hopefully with the flow master dbx it should stay the same or just be a tad louder. As of now I’m saving up for that downpipe

That new tips looks good bro!
I feel like yours would sound better than mine since I have no muffler, and yeah get the downpipe it’s really good on the top end it pulls nicely, and I will try soon for a nice sound clip lemme try and put something together lol

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
I feel like yours would sound better than mine since I have no muffler, and yeah get the downpipe it’s really good on the top end it pulls nicely, and I will try soon for a nice sound clip lemme try and put something together lol
Alrighty tag me when you post it ;) looking forward to it

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That was me who experienced the P0420, and fortunately it hasn't came back yet. It's been a few months since I installed the catted downpipe and it only flagged once so fingers crossed it was just a random one-off, but then again something must have triggered it. Wonder if the colder weather may be a factor?

So is the P0420 like the inverse/opposite code to the P0139 (in relation to the O2 sensor placement)? Like if the O2 sensor is too "close" to the downpipe it flags the P0420, and if the O2 sensor is too "far" (like with the original L-shaped defouler) it flags the P0139? If so then that would make sense to try adding a short spacer to hopefully avoid it randomly flagging again.

Also, thanks for the continued support!

I don't recall the last time I reset the ECU, but I'm guessing it's been a few months of driving 150ish miles per week on average since I installed the downpipe and this is the first time I've had that code.
Cold weather might do it especially if your intake isn't properly scaled. I am guess this is a one off thing however we can try the defouler to see if it makes things better. The odd thing is that the initial tester still isn't getting CELs with the angled defouler.

Correct P0420 is like the opposite of P0139 where the ECU is picking too high of a reading on the secondary O2 sensor.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m sad that I’m still in this situation but the rasp on my system is just too strong. Replacing the glass pack with the vibrant resonator did make the overall sound cleaner in a way but did not help the rasp of volume. The rasp just takes over I feel like it has potential to sound great but the rasp is killing me idk whether to add another resonator or try a muffler but I need it fixed ASAP
Sponsored