2.0L RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Flagged P0420 again after a little over 2 months since my last update, but before I try boring out the hole further I decided to try something else and removed the thicker washer and replaced it with the 2 crush washers that came with the extra short spacer, placing one before and also one after the spacer. We'll see what happens.
Wow, only took 3 days to flag another P0420, so looks like I might be going in the wrong direction and will try removing the crush washer I added between the O2 sensor and extra short spacer while keeping the crush washer that's between the downpipe and the extra short spacer on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
I'm looking to buy the catless dp, but it seems like it's been taken off of RV6's website. Are they no longer making and seling the catless one?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Wow, only took 3 days to flag another P0420, so looks like I might be going in the wrong direction and will try removing the crush washer I added between the O2 sensor and extra short spacer while keeping the crush washer that's between the downpipe and the extra short spacer on.
Immediately after my previous update the P0420 light up again and I must've forgotton to post an update, but I removed the crush washer between the downpipe and the extra short spacer and it took 2 months for it to flag the P0420 again without using any of the washers. Occurred after it had rained and the temperate changed from a little over 80 degrees down to about 50 degrees that day.

Since I've seemed to have the best luck with just the extra short spacer without using any of the washers, I will see whether opening it up more will help, but before I do that I want to test if running a brush to remove the carbon buildup from the bored out area helps since there isn't really any breathing room currently. If removing the carbon buildup helped then I know opening the bore up will be the way to go.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Immediately after my previous update the P0420 light up again and I must've forgotton to post an update, but I removed the crush washer between the downpipe and the extra short spacer and it took 2 months for it to flag the P0420 again without using any of the washers. Occurred after it had rained and the temperate changed from a little over 80 degrees down to about 50 degrees that day.

Since I've seemed to have the best luck with just the extra short spacer without using any of the washers, I will see whether opening it up more will help, but before I do that I want to test if running a brush to remove the carbon buildup from the bored out area helps since there isn't really any breathing room currently. If removing the carbon buildup helped then I know opening the bore up will be the way to go.
So I haven't posted any updates between my last update and now since I didn't really have anything new to report, but I've been continuing to work on figuring out the sweet spot in spacing between P0139 and P0420, and after >2 years at this I think I finally found it.

Unfortunately, I am disappointed to say the sweet spot wasn't what I was hoping it would be where I could avoid either the P0139 or P0420, and instead it turns out the sweet spot just gave me both codes simultaneously, lol.

So now I'm not sure if it's even possible to adjust the defouler to avoid either of the codes, but since this seems to be more of an issue for people with the AEM intake (such as myself), perhaps the upcoming PRL intake might make a difference that I will likely try when it's released.

Also the image at the bottom is what I used to get to that (not very) sweet spot.
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers Screenshot_20220313-205535_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers Screenshot_20220313-213150_Gallery

Pearl.FC2

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX Sedan (6MT)
Country flag
Is there any way to get the catless for a k20c2 in 2022? I live in a non-emissions state, so it isn't an issue to me

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The catless is no longer made/sold. You have to get it used.

Just installed my catted one. This was an amazingly easy install. If your bolts/nuts aren’t rusted to hell. This takes under 1hr. I took my time to clean and installed it in a very measured way and still this took well under 2 hr.

I got my CEL under 40 miles. I am going to use my ktuner to cancel it.

my 1st cold start and driving out of the neighborhood, this was louder than I had wanted. But I think it breaks in, cause after about 40 miles, it’s still loud but not as loud.

it probably doesn’t help I have exhaust work done. I think if you have a stock exhaust, this would be perfect sound wise.

drivability is improved, I feel that it’s smooth and power is definitely noticeable. There is almost like a change over switch over sort of like a valved setup at 2500k-3k and a little above 5k where the sound is louder than the rest of the powerband. Throttle doesn’t help the loudness…

basically under 2k, it sounds almost stock. Slight rumble. Pretty silent and perfect.

i would recommend this part.

Last edited:

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
The catless is no longer made/sold. You have to get it used.

Just installed my catted one. This was an amazingly easy install. If your bolts/nuts aren’t rusted to hell. This takes under 1hr. I took my time to clean and installed it in a very measured way and still this took well under 2 hr.

I got my CEL under 40 miles. I am going to use my ktuner to cancel it.

my 1st cold start and driving out of the neighborhood, this was louder than I had wanted. But I think it breaks in, cause after about 40 miles, it’s still loud but not as loud.

it probably doesn’t help I have exhaust work done. I think if you have a stock exhaust, this would be perfect sound wise.

drivability is improved, I feel that it’s smooth and power is definitely noticeable. There is almost like a change over switch over sort of like a valved setup at 2500k-3k and a little above 5k where the sound is louder than the rest of the powerband. Throttle doesn’t help the loudness…

basically under 2k, it sounds almost stock. Slight rumble. Pretty silent and perfect.

i would recommend this part.
Curious how did you manage to get a CEL if its catted? Is yours also Ktuned ?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
So I haven't posted any updates between my last update and now since I didn't really have anything new to report, but I've been continuing to work on figuring out the sweet spot in spacing between P0139 and P0420, and after >2 years at this I think I finally found it.

Unfortunately, I am disappointed to say the sweet spot wasn't what I was hoping it would be where I could avoid either the P0139 or P0420, and instead it turns out the sweet spot just gave me both codes simultaneously, lol.

So now I'm not sure if it's even possible to adjust the defouler to avoid either of the codes, but since this seems to be more of an issue for people with the AEM intake (such as myself), perhaps the upcoming PRL intake might make a difference that I will likely try when it's released.

Also the image at the bottom is what I used to get to that (not very) sweet spot.
Screenshot_20220313-205535_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220313-213150_Gallery.jpg
I think this will be my last update on this experiment assuming anyone's still following I wound up going back to the L-shaped defouler/spacer that originally came with the catted downpipe and installed it WITHOUT the huge hex nut and was able to go a whole 5 months between CELs (P0139 eventually occurred once fall hit and the weather started getting cooler), so my conclusion is just sticking with using the original L-defouler but WITHOUT the big hex nut should provide the best results at minimizing CEL occurrences for those running an aftermarket intake (AEM in my case) with approximately only 2x CEL resets/per year.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn’t reset my battery after I installed it and the CEL came on within 40 miles. I took the battery off in order to install a steering wheel, it went away for nearly 200 miles. Then it came back. I did check it, infamous p139. So I used ktuner to get rid of it. Is this ideal? No, but this is still a 100% worthwhile mod.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just following up on this. I am at 2+ months probably and well over 1k miles driven probably. I don’t have any problems. Car runs great. Gas mileage is on par, no significant variance up or down. The sound I feel is lower than the first install/start. But that might just be me getting used to it. My 2.0na with this downpipe and custom exhaust work is now louder than my 1.5t sport touring with 27won/hks exhaust. I have no issues that it’s louder. There is no drone. Had this for a good 3 months before I actually installed it. I should have done it earlier…
Sponsored