First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One way to get rid of CEL is using ktuner and manually disabling the code.
Only happened twice in 10 months since adding even with the ktuner fix. I’d say it ain’t that bad when it happens. Just the inconvenience of not being able to remote start is all.
Sponsored

JonStewK20C2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX K20C2 6MT
Country flag
I've had the cel on every other day for 6 months even with the code disabled. I think it has something to do with temp and humidity. I find on cold days the cel comes on more

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
I'm keen on trying a Downpipe blanket on the RV6

https://www.ptpturboblankets.com/collections/honda-downpipe-blankets

better photos here, the PRL variant - still made by PTP

https://prlmotorsports.com/products/ptp-prl-downpipe-blanket-black-lava?variant=40506537377985#

The only issue is the FK8 one twists the wrong way at the bottom, and also the O2 sensor cutout may be in the wrong spot. I figure I could always make my own hole and trim the bottom if it didn't flex enough to bend like the RV6 pipe does.

e.g. FK8 DP
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers 1712324479910-3a

Alternatively I might ask them if they could make a custom one to fit.

I don't really want to wrap it with tape.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The disabling was done a long time ago. It still triggered the CEL. The infamous p420 p139. But like I said, if I have to do it once every 1.5 yr. That’s not an annoyance.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I think this will be my last update on this experiment assuming anyone's still following I wound up going back to the L-shaped defouler/spacer that originally came with the catted downpipe and installed it WITHOUT the huge hex nut and was able to go a whole 5 months between CELs (P0139 eventually occurred once fall hit and the weather started getting cooler), so my conclusion is just sticking with using the original L-defouler but WITHOUT the big hex nut should provide the best results at minimizing CEL occurrences for those running an aftermarket intake (AEM in my case) with approximately only 2x CEL resets/per year.

Following up to say I went a whole year before the CEL came on by just using the L-defouler that came with the catted downpipe but without the hex nut. This is with the AEM Intake + RV6 catted downpipe on the 2.0L. The CEL has came back on again a few times since but it turns out it will automatically go away by itself in like a day or so without even having to do anything.
Sponsored