Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sort of related also but the vibrations I have been having are almost resolved. It took a lot of sound deadening and taking shit apart but I’ve isolated most of them.
One thing I will add**** when I first started toying with the RMM’s, I noticed that the NVH was worst at idle.
I simply went into Ktuner and set my idle 250 rpm higher. Took the vibration out.
Also, I had the most vibration issues right at 2,000 rpm. Just seemed to be the vibration frequency point.
Yeah, I've done a lot of small sound-deadening and isolation stuff around the car. For the most part, it's pretty streamlined now.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@RV6 or anyone with an RV6 + Exedy kit: I don’t recall, and I no longer have the install manual. 😅 Does the clutch pedal need to be adjusted after installing the Retro flywheel + Exedy Stage 1? I have no issues at all other than a small, random notchiness when shifting. I adjusted the clutch pedal years ago with the OEM clutch to reduce some of that 2nd gear grind. As of now, the pedal freeplay and travel is well within spec, though I’m wondering if a tad less freeplay (i.e . More stroke) might help.

OP
OP
Jason Baker

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I cant
@RV6 or anyone with an RV6 + Exedy kit: I don’t recall, and I no longer have the install manual. 😅 Does the clutch pedal need to be adjusted after installing the Retro flywheel + Exedy Stage 1? I have no issues at all other than a small, random notchiness when shifting. I adjusted the clutch pedal years ago with the OEM clutch to reduce some of that 2nd gear grind. As of now, the pedal freeplay and travel is well within spec, though I’m wondering if a tad less freeplay (i.e . More stroke) might help.
I don’t recall the manual suggesting it.
Mines been fine since install.
I know it’s a PITA given the two nuts locations.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I cant

I don’t recall the manual suggesting it.
Mines been fine since install.
I know it’s a PITA given the two nuts locations.
I don’t think it needs it. I might just be splitting hairs. I adjusted the travel 1/4” (1/2 turn on the 17mm bolt/nut), and it brought the engagement point up a tad, which is nice, and might’ve helped the same amount. Post-adjustment measurements are still within spec (trying to use CTR spec values, for obvious reasons).

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had to adjust mine to get rid of some high rpm lockout. It might help the notchiness too. If not I’d change your trans fluid.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to adjust mine to get rid of some high rpm lockout. It might help the notchiness too. If not I’d change your trans fluid.
I did to Amsoil when we did the clutch, which helped. I think I’m just being picky, but a long drive today was nice. The shifts felt a tad more positive, but that could be placeboic.

Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello. I’m almost 200Mi on break-in period. Installed stage 0 kit 2 days ago. Everything is running great, way better feel and engagement with prl rmm. No vibration except a very slight one when on idle with A/C on. One thing I noticed is when I made a slight heavy stop to 0mph, engine kinda struggled for a sec when rpm was going down below 800, struggling for a sec to go back up to 800(fbo and currently on 1.5R revised tune). I tried doing it again on an empty lot and rpm actually does go under 800 for a sec when doing a heavy full stop. Is this normal on a break-in period? I wonder if it’s something to do with my battery. 😅 I’m almost 3yrs with my stock battery.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello. I’m almost 200Mi on break-in period. Installed stage 0 kit 2 days ago. Everything is running great, way better feel and engagement with prl rmm. No vibration except a very slight one when on idle with A/C on. One thing I noticed is when I made a slight heavy stop to 0mph, engine kinda struggled for a sec when rpm was going down below 800, struggling for a sec to go back up to 800(fbo and currently on 1.5R revised tune). I tried doing it again on an empty lot and rpm actually does go under 800 for a sec when doing a heavy full stop. Is this normal on a break-in period? I wonder if it’s something to do with my battery. 😅 I’m almost 3yrs with my stock battery.
You mean that, only when braking heavily, the engine struggles to stay at idle?

Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You mean that, only when braking heavily, the engine struggles to stay at idle?
Idk what’s the better word than struggle but it only does that for a second till it goes back up to 800 idle rpm so idk if that’s a problem or not. Is it common when breaking-in? it could also be something from breaking-in the prl rmm since both were installed same time.

Last edited:

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idk what’s the better word than struggle but it only does that for a second till it goes back up to 800 idle rpm so idk if that’s a problem or not. Is it common when breaking-in? it could also be something from breaking-in the prl rmm since both were installed same time.
Hmm, I’d like to hear others’ thoughts. I’ve never experienced this issue, but I don’t see ho it’d be related to any break-in period. This dip below idle speed doesn’t occur under any other circumstance?

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
First thought is something could be wrong with the vacuum system, since the brake booster is vacuum-assist. Maybe a loose/damaged/pinched line.

Second thought is perhaps the clutch is not fully disengaging, but I have even more doubts about that and would think other symptoms would be apparent.

Does this occur when pressing the brake pedal at a stop and in neutral? While coasting in neutral? Lot of variables…

Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First thought is something could be wrong with the vacuum system, since the brake booster is vacuum-assist. Maybe a loose/damaged/pinched line.

Second thought is perhaps the clutch is not fully disengaging, but I have even more doubts about that and would think other symptoms would be apparent.

Does this occur when pressing the brake pedal at a stop and in neutral? While coasting in neutral? Lot of variables…
Nope. Only when I did a heavy full stop… like when someone cut you on a stop light. 😂

Update: I tried producing that same stuff I experienced yesterday, but I can’t anymore lol rpm is smooth today when breaking heavily to full stop. 😅 Prolly my hunch was right, battery acting up?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope. Only when I did a heavy full stop… like when someone cut you on a stop light. 😂

Update: I tried producing that same stuff I experienced yesterday, but I can’t anymore lol rpm is smooth today when breaking heavily to full stop. 😅 Prolly my hunch was right, battery acting up?
I’m not sure it’d be a battery issue because the car is typically using on the alternator when running.

the only thing I can presume is that it was due to fuel starvation if you had a super low tank.

Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, I think I know why that happened on my first day. I think I almost stalled it when stopping hard before. 😂😂 And now, I’m used to the new feel so it’s not happening anymore. I never stalled her since I bought it new, and this is my first manual car(best choice I made to learn manual). 😅 And btw, does driving in mountain trails considered a highway miles for break-ins? Idk if the instructions say break-in guide for it, but I already threw it away. 😂

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, I think I know why that happened on my first day. I think I almost stalled it when stopping hard before. 😂😂 And now, I’m used to the new feel so it’s not happening anymore. I never stalled her since I bought it new, and this is my first manual car(best choice I made to learn manual). 😅 And btw, does driving in mountain trails considered a highway miles for break-ins? Idk if the instructions say break-in guide for it, but I already threw it away. 😂
I think the break-in miles depend on the speed. HWY around hwy speeds, street around street speeds. So, the mountain trails may depends on the speeds and gear-shifting often. I’d say.
Sponsored