First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey in Canada we have Canadian Tire and they have a “lend a tool” program. We pay full price for the tool and use it for 48 hours. Then return and get a refund. It’s for specialty tools like bearing installers, pullers, spring compressors, flywheel sockets, ball joint removers, etc. I use it all the time it’s super handy. Maybe a big box store in the states has this? Not too many people know about this program in Canada Eh?
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Hey in Canada we have Canadian Tire and they have a “lend a tool” program. We pay full price for the tool and use it for 48 hours. Then return and get a refund. It’s for specialty tools like bearing installers, pullers, spring compressors, flywheel sockets, ball joint removers, etc. I use it all the time it’s super handy. Maybe a big box store in the states has this? Not too many people know about this program in Canada Eh?
Yup! Both AdvanceAuto and Auto Zone around me have the same. Have used them multiple times. Most of the times the tools have looked basically brand new.

john doe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Flywheel RV6 flywheel

Got it installed. Along with the stage 0 clutch and the PRL braided line. The ACT tutorial on Youtube is ok but has a lot of little inconsistencies and missing info. The subframe alignment pins would be damn near useless to get. Just use the impressions from the bolt heads to put it back where it came from. Careful putting the starter back on. I did it directly after torqueing the tranny bolts and lost all finesse I normally have and broke off the power connection.
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Flywheel civic starter

The feel of this? It feels damn near stock. A little more springy but no stiffer then stock. The change in revving isn't crazy but I feel this is exactly how I want the car to feel. You just drive and it works. If you get lazy there is less mass to jerk the car. I'm loving it and completely worth the money. I can't wait to get past break in and go at it fully.

My new wheels/tires also just arrived. Motegi 17x8 Traklites with 235/45-17 Continental DWS. Just waiting on the Ceramic coating to cure. Between the the flywheel and wheels I'll be down about 50lbs of rotating weight.
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Flywheel civic wheels

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Is it recommended to get the kzCMC with this setup or is it not really needed?

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UPDATE: Flywheels and bolts are here. We will start packaging and shipping them next week. This week is all about getting the R365 RED turbos out.

Is it recommended to get the kzCMC with this setup or is it not really needed?
I haven't seen a need for it.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I haven't seen a need for it.
That's good to hear! As I've researched my options as I invariably near the need for a new clutch, I really wasn't looking forward to dealing with lockout issues that would necessitate a different CMC.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just put in an order this past Friday for the RV6 Retro Flywheel + Stage 0 Clutch + PRL Stainless Steel Clutchline. Super excited. It said 1 month lead time. So September some time I'm hoping!

Labratodd

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I made an appointment on 8/13 with @BercianAutomotive for the install of the RV6 Retro Flywheel + Stage 0 Clutch + PRL Stainless Steel Clutchline. Can't wait to get rid of the rev-hang.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@RV6 I ordered on 8/6 - Would mine arrive in the August batch or did I miss the window? I ordered from TSP and they just shipped out my PRL Stainless Clutchline. It said 1 month lead time prior to ordering. So September I figure. But any info on that?
I'm super anxious! :)

Thanks.

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@RV6 I ordered on 8/6 - Would mine arrive in the August batch or did I miss the window? I ordered from TSP and they just shipped out my PRL Stainless Clutchline. It said 1 month lead time prior to ordering. So September I figure. But any info on that?
I'm super anxious! :)

Thanks.
Hoping to have all orders shipped out before the end of August. I know everyone is anxious. But please be patient guys we have a lot of orders to get through. We are currently QCing and laser engraving flywheels. Flywheels will be shipped in the order they were received. Anyone that calls more than 3 times a week will be bumped to the bottom of list. Jk……

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@RV6
Awesome! Thank you. No worries. I'm just excited! Mostly because I know I'm receiving high quality parts from an awesome company. I most likely will also be purchasing your downpipe and front pipe in the coming months after I do the clutch job. Keep up the good work!

Also, I can't believe people are blowing you guys up several days a week via phone! Unless that really was a joke. lol

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@RV6
Awesome! Thank you. No worries. I'm just excited! Mostly because I know I'm receiving high quality parts from an awesome company. I most likely will also be purchasing your downpipe and front pipe in the coming months after I do the clutch job. Keep up the good work!

Also, I can't believe people are blowing you guys up several days a week via phone! Unless that really was a joke. lol
One guy called every extension back to back to get the same answer from everyone. He wanted to make sure we weren't lying to him. Honestly its exhausting. We want to get these out as fast as possible. But we aren't going to cut corners.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@RV6
Da fuq.?!
Crazy..😲

I'm all about a quality product. I'd rather wait a little longer and get that, then rush and get a sub par product.

If this person did research they'd know RV6 is honest, reputable and very transparent. Honestly bizarre to hear that. Sorry to hear you all had to go through that! Yikes.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just got a confirmation from TSP that my RV6 Flywheel + Exedy Stage 0 Clutch got shipped and is arriving tomorrow via FedEx!!:spaz:
A lot sooner than I had expected. Super excited!

Only thing is, the expected delivery time is exactly when I'll be at work and I have to sign for it! Smh. Hopefully it arrives right before I leave or after I get home. Crossing my fingers.

I already got my PRL Stainless Steel Clutchline. It was delivered couple days ago. I also got my Motul 5.1 Clutch fluid in yesterday from MAPerformance. I'm just waiting for the Whiteline FSB 27mm + Whiteline FSB end links and Whiteline 27mm Lateral Locks.
Sponsored