Tury14

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys, been thinking about upgrading my turbo but I’ve read many different things. Some say the RV6 turbo would be fine on stock internals, others say it’ll be too much. I’m currently on stock internals. I was wondering if I can get some answers on this thread instead of getting mixed answers from other threads.
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, been thinking about upgrading my turbo but I’ve read many different things. Some say the RV6 turbo would be fine on stock internals, others say it’ll be too much. I’m currently on stock internals. I was wondering if I can get some answers on this thread instead of getting mixed answers from other threads.
I run it on stock internals, no issue yet. Depends if you are on ethenal, I am not. But there are a bunch of guys running with no bottom ends and no failures yet that I am aware of. There is a thread with all the guys that beta tested the turbo on here which has alot of good Info in it.

OP
OP

Tury14

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I run it on stock internals, no issue yet. Depends if you are on ethenal, I am not. But there are a bunch of guys running with no bottom ends and no failures yet that I am aware of. There is a thread with all the guys that beta tested the turbo on here which has alot of good I go in it.
Im currently on E30. Do you know how much whp you’re pushing with that turbo?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Im currently on E30. Do you know how much whp you’re pushing with that turbo?
No I have not dyno'd. The guys on 93 look to be around 280-300

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You’ll probably be running 310-320ish on a “safe” tune with the rv6. I’m probably ganna sell mine. Reason being I’m planning on building my motor soon so I’d rather just buy the 2860. Lmk if you’re interested it’s literally brand new hasn’t been mounted

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
I’m pushing 28psi max boost I can get on the 3 bar map sensor on stock internals. E30-e70 blends. E75 or higher and my cars fuel system can’t keep up and goes into limp mode. Last dyno I did I made 279 wheel at 25psi. Had a boost leak. Haven’t been back yet for another dyno session. One will be coming soon. Also I’m not full bolt on. 10k miles on my turbo already and no issues.

Reactions: Myx

Charbinks

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stage 2 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You’ll probably be running 310-320ish on a “safe” tune with the rv6. I’m probably ganna sell mine. Reason being I’m planning on building my motor soon so I’d rather just buy the 2860. Lmk if you’re interested it’s literally brand new hasn’t been mounted
have you sold it yet? i may be interested
Sponsored