Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
Anyone else who is running the ceramic RV6 catted down pipe have it coming off? After two track days I noticed what looked like dust but it seems to be some of the coating coming off. Possibly due to getting hot?
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Ceramic Coating Damage 33FA661B-35BC-421E-9D40-E8086ED73E61
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Ceramic Coating Damage DD6D20D0-69BC-4C5D-AA99-ADC3F2E2C491

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I have the black coating but mine is fine

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have PRL items but went with the glacier black cerakote and it's holding up well on the downpipe and front pipe. always an option if it is indeed coming off.

OP
OP
QuasarMotors

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
i have PRL items but went with the glacier black cerakote and it's holding up well on the downpipe and front pipe. always an option if it is indeed coming off.
Thank you for the recommendation! Iā€™ll check it again after another track day and see how itā€™s doing. Really odd

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Genuinely curious: why would one need to ceramic-coat their DP?
Itā€™s supposed to help retain heat inside the exhaust. Good for limiting heat soak / under hood temps and making more power

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Itā€™s supposed to help retain heat inside the exhaust. Good for limiting heat soak / under hood temps and making more power
Ah, got it. TY!

EPSi2FKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Civic Type R, 2014 Lexus IS350
Country flag
Jeez Louise! Just when I think Iā€™m finally not breaking my car. I have the same problem with my ceramic coated RV6 catted dp. Just got done with a track weekend too. You can see where I rubbed off a patch of the ā€œdustā€ or whatever.
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Ceramic Coating Damage ED7F343B-7DD2-461F-9CC4-B4286E4D07C7

Seems to effect the upper/hotter side of the pipe. I also threw an O2 sensor low voltage DTC, probably something different/a coincidence. Just putting info out there and maybe someone can help put things together.

Letā€™s shoot them an email and get their take. But practically, if the part is safe and carā€™s running well, I wouldnā€™t do anything about it. I kinda feel there is some luck involved in not breaking the studs/bolts on install (I didnā€™t, thank god). The enemy of good, is perfect.

OP
OP
QuasarMotors

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
Jeez Louise! Just when I think Iā€™m finally not breaking my car. I have the same problem with my ceramic coated RV6 catted dp. Just got done with a track weekend too. You can see where I rubbed off a patch of the ā€œdustā€ or whatever.
ED7F343B-7DD2-461F-9CC4-B4286E4D07C7.jpeg

Seems to effect the upper/hotter side of the pipe. I also threw an O2 sensor low voltage DTC, probably something different/a coincidence. Just putting info out there and maybe someone can help put things together.

Letā€™s shoot them an email and get their take. But practically, if the part is safe and carā€™s running well, I wouldnā€™t do anything about it. I kinda feel there is some luck involved in not breaking the studs/bolts on install (I didnā€™t, thank god). The enemy of good, is perfect.
The code is probably because of the defouler on the secondary sensor. I had the same issue. Its not reading enough air passing it compared to the first sensor.

This is why I went with titanium.. to hopefully not have to worry so much about breaking the studs.

@RV6 have you guys seen this before?

EPSi2FKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Civic Type R, 2014 Lexus IS350
Country flag
The code is probably because of the defouler on the secondary sensor. I had the same issue. Its not reading enough air passing it compared to the first sensor.

This is why I went with titanium.. to hopefully not have to worry so much about breaking the studs.

@RV6 have you guys seen this before?
I have Hondata and have the secondary O2 sensor ā€œdisabled.ā€ I could remove the defouler, but if it wonā€™t definitely fix my problem, it seems like it may be a pain in the butt without taking out the whole dp again.
Also, sent an email to RV6 today. Weā€˜ll see.

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The fading is normal and powdery residue. The extreme heat oxidizes the surface. In order to get the shine back you will have to polish the downpipe. We recommend this product. We have been using this coating company for years and we rarely have issues.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cci-cghp6

OP
OP
QuasarMotors

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
The fading is normal and powdery residue. The extreme heat oxidizes the surface. In order to get the shine back you will have to polish the downpipe. We recommend this product. We have been using this coating company for years and we rarely have issues.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cci-cghp6
Thank you so much for the recommendation and response :)
Sponsored