Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had the catted RV6 3" downpipe/frontpipe combo for the past few weeks now. Love the performance and it sounds very sporty.

I do have some very mild drone between 1.8k-2.2k RPMs w/the factory rear exhaust section. The 20yr old me would've loved it, but the 30yr old me wants to tone it down a bit. I bought a Vibrant 1141 resonator to install inline with my OE resonator (like how the CTR rear exhaust section is from the factory).

The factory downpipe is the biggest restriction in the exhaust system, so once you remove it, be prepared for some volume increase in the cabin.
My post from ~16 months ago was recently liked, so figured I'd give an update.

I did not end up installing an extra resonator to the stock Si catback. I did make a change to my RMM, however - I went from the Si RMM + Perrin inserts to the OEM CTR RMM and that mild drone in that low RPM range virtually disappeared. I then added the Perrin insert to the CTR RMM and the exhaust note did not really change much at all in the cabin. Had this setup for ~8k miles now, so the RMM should be fully broken in.

Bottom line, I am very happy with the way the exhaust sounds and I wouldn't change a thing! RV6 catted DP/FP combo sounds just right paired with the stock Si catback :D