RV6 Catted Downpipe/Front pipe now available!

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
@RV6 any data on how much impact on emissions vs stock cat? Thanks for giving us options!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you:bow:

Also please let us know once this available for pre-order:thumbsup::wave:
We are waiting for more high temp cats to get in before we start taking preorders.

What's the hp gains aproximately?
It would be slightly less than catless. I would estimate around 10-15% less gains compared to catless. The high flow cat still flows way better than OE.
http://rv6-p.com/products/civic/10t...uner-Stage2-with-and-without-RV6-Downpipe.jpg

Awaiting more info on this!! Looking forward to it.

Does anyone have the catless fp/dp installed on an otherwise stock exhaust? I'm not planning to delete or replace my mufflers so I'm curious how this setup would sound. Every video I find has mufflers and resonators removed.
Check out these videos. Running catless really isn't loud and obnoxious on a turbo car. The turbo does a great job and dampening exhaust pulses. Most people I come across can't even tell.

I wanna know too. I feel like catless will have drone though
Drone comes with deleting resonators and mufflers. Basically by removing those components you get a louder exhaust at the expense of decreasing the ability of the exhaust to adsorb resonance.

i really just want to know what kind of sound is produced by only changing the fp and dp. drone in the cabin is likely only noticed at highway speeds which I dont often travel at for long periods of time.
A downpipe alone wont give you drone. However it might make the existing drone louder.

Would there be a significant difference in sound going with catted vs not catted? I already have a greddy catback exhaust and the sound level is just perfect with zero drone and I would like to keep it as close to that as possible.
Catted will be more quiet for sure. Honestly I haven't driven very much with this setup yet so stay tuned for better feed back and videos.

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@RV6 any data on how much impact on emissions vs stock cat? Thanks for giving us options!
Honestly no, the equipment to measure emissions is very specialized and expensive. I can tell you are aren't getting a CEL but all our parts are sold for off road use.

Will a resonated pipe be offered as well?
Just catted and catless. We tried resonators off the heads before on a V6 and they melted quickly.

It this compatible with my PRL front pipe?
Yes the regular downpipe will bolt up to any front pipe.

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Would there be a significant difference in sound going with catted vs not catted? I already have a greddy catback exhaust and the sound level is just perfect with zero drone and I would like to keep it as close to that as possible.
Catless DP with a Greddy 3" is quite loud.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Why does the tag have to say:
RV6performance
FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY
NEVER TO BE USED ON
POLLUTION CONTROLLED VEHICLES

Someone posted recently of a coated catless pipe that simply said "RV6performance" on the tag. I would prefer it have as little text as possible to have a better likelihood of passing visual inspection in combination with the stock heat shields (this is really why I would go with RV6 vs the competition). Thanks.

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It this compatible with ark performance exhaust?
It is a direct OE replacement so you should have no issues with any exhaust.

Why does the tag have to say:
RV6performance
FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY
NEVER TO BE USED ON
POLLUTION CONTROLLED VEHICLES

Someone posted recently of a coated catless pipe that simply said "RV6performance" on the tag. I would prefer it have as little text as possible to have a better likelihood of passing visual inspection in combination with the stock heat shields (this is really why I would go with RV6 vs the competition). Thanks.
The tag can be easily popped off with a screw driver. We put on the tag to cover our butts.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
The tag can be easily popped off with a screw driver. We put on the tag to cover our butts.
Which version of the downpipe had just the "RV6performance" alone on it? I can't find the photo someone just posted recently of a black coated dp.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

deathgreps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Country flag
Waiting for this to drop, is the ETA for this still the end of the month?
Sponsored