DOC101

First Name
Burhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
So I just bought a used RV6 Catted downpipe for my 2016 Civic LX 2.0L NA. I didn't receive any of the hardware, just the downpipe itself and the exhaust studs that are already mounted. I know I have to buy the gasket from Honda where the downpipe connects to the engine, my question is is there a gasket for where the downpipe connects to the front pipe? Does Honda make gaskets for that? Or is there no need for a gasket where the RV6 downpipe and frontpipe connect? Any & all help would be grateful, thank you
Sponsored

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I can only comment on the RV6 for the 1.5 ,but hopefully you can then get a better idea. No gasket was needed where the DP mounts to the exhaust manifold (in my case turbo) as the Honda gasket is designed to be multi-use. So unless it gets damaged in removal/install should be fine. A gasket is needed between DP & FP & an OEM will not work due to flange design of RV6. A flat single use gasket that has the stud cut-outs from PRL should work (that's what I used). Again you'll need to check for your specific engine, but think this will get you started