RV6 3.0" Frontpipe and Downpipe Now Available!

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This should have no problem mounting to a Borla catback exhaust correct?

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
@RV6 How long is the holiday sale going till? I’m interested in getting the DP/FP combo, just things are crazy with Christmas.

Can I get a pm with best price shipped to 96929.

Last edited:

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@RV6 How long is the holiday sale going till? I’m interested in getting the DP/FP combo, just things are crazy with Christmas.

I've been eyeing this sale too. Was going to wait till spring but this is very tempting.
https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-catted-downpipe-and-front-pipe-combo-for-for-17-civic-si.html
I'm looking at catted dp & front pipe combo with the downpipe black ceramic coated.
I have k-tuner (currently running a vit tune now). Do I have to do anything special to avoid any check engine lights or anything before inspection?

JC671

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been eyeing this sale too. Was going to wait till spring but this is very tempting.
https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-catted-downpipe-and-front-pipe-combo-for-for-17-civic-si.html
I'm looking at catted dp & front pipe combo with the downpipe black ceramic coated.
I have k-tuner (currently running a vit tune now). Do I have to do anything special to avoid any check engine lights or anything before inspection?
I’d probably flash back to stock at the least. Depends what state you’re in and what tests they run.

@RV6 been waiting for a response for a couple days now and on PM. Please reply.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d probably flash back to stock at the least. Depends what state you’re in and what tests they run.
Sorry, was replying to your comment looking for a response from @RV6 in the sale length.

Also, @RV6 for the catted downpipe/front pipe, is there is anything I need to do for state inspection (NY) and I have k tuner to turn off codes if needed.

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Just reading through the thread, wouldn't going full 3inch make me lose power (I have a ktuner didn't use it yet though)?

Also I'm that guy that likes to be loud. What's the difference in sound between catless/catted? Also with power? Looking to pair with a good exhaust (once I figure out which brand to go with)
How strong is the smell with the catless? Does it go away?

JC671

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No it wouldn’t ..

Catless = couple whp more since free flowing than catted minimal though, will be loudest option. Smell never goes away, that’s the smell of horsepower

Catted = required if you in a state they smog, still noticeably louder just little less rasp and slightly different tone.

Just reading through the thread, wouldn't going full 3inch make me lose power (I have a ktuner didn't use it yet though)?

Also I'm that guy that likes to be loud. What's the difference in sound between catless/catted? Also with power? Looking to pair with a good exhaust (once I figure out which brand to go with)

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
No it wouldn’t ..

Catless = couple whp more since free flowing than catted minimal though, will be loudest option. Smell never goes away, that’s the smell of horsepower

Catted = required if you in a state they smog, still noticeably louder just little less rasp and slightly different tone.
lmao "the smell of horsepower" I think that'll be my option then...

Does anyone know where is a Canadian distributor for any downpipes at all? seems like everything is in the US, trying to avoid paying duty fees.

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know where is a Canadian distributor for any downpipes at all? seems like everything is in the US, trying to avoid paying duty fees.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply I missed the notification for this post. You can Nextmod they are in Ontario. The sale ended 12/31

We include a defouler that should work in most situations. We have put 1000s of miles on mine without issue, both tuned and stock.

Sorry, was replying to your comment looking for a response from @RV6 in the sale length.

Also, @RV6 for the catted downpipe/front pipe, is there is anything I need to do for state inspection (NY) and I have k tuner to turn off codes if needed.
The sale ended 12/31 PM me if you missed it and I will see what I can do. You shouldn't get any codes, if you do you might have to baby it until you pass then disable codes with Ktuner. You can't go in with codes disabled since the emission monitors will never set.

For a forced induction engine you want the best flowing exhaust system possible.

Catted and catless sound similar with the catless being slightly louder and more throaty.

You can't smell anything inside the car with windows up. However if your windows are down and the wind is blowing just right you will smell it. The smell doesn't go away.

lmao "the smell of horsepower" I think that'll be my option then...

Does anyone know where is a Canadian distributor for any downpipes at all? seems like everything is in the US, trying to avoid paying duty fees.
Try Nextmod.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
People are making such a deal over catless and the smell. I've been running catless in my boosted CRX for years, catless in my 3/4 ton pickup, catless in my Wrangler....it is no big deal people, honestly. I will be going catless in my Si also. The smell of freedom baby.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We include a defouler that should work in most situations. We have put 1000s of miles on mine without issue, both tuned and stock.

The sale ended 12/31 PM me if you missed it and I will see what I can do. You shouldn't get any codes, if you do you might have to baby it until you pass then disable codes with Ktuner. You can't go in with codes disabled since the emission monitors will never set.
I figured it was till the end of the year but I did end up biting the bullet and going for a catted one (black ceramic coating on the downpipe). My inspection is up in May so I'm not sure if I may wait until after that's done before installing it.

JC671

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Patiently waiting for my order to ship as much as possible. @RV6

Last edited:

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Installed the Cat-less down pipe and front pipe this weekend. Was pleasantly surprised that when I keyed the car on that there were no codes thrown. No catalytic efficiency or slow 02 response. The quality of the pipes is just amazing, definitely the best on the market.
Sponsored