RV6 3.0" Frontpipe and Downpipe Now Available!

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am on ktuner right now too on 21.5lbs the car feels like it has less torque and theres a really annoying rasp when letting off the gas I checked earlier and my band is on there right and the front pipe to stock exhaust it pretty tight too
Stock exhaust? There is a little rasp with the catless version on the Si. We never lost any torque with our dyno testing. I believe what you are feeling is the massive top end gains that makes the low end feel slower.

Last edited:

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
@RV6 you guys have any good suggestions for exhaust from the FP back? Trying to figure out if most stuff out there will fit with the front pipe ... or if the better option would be a custom setup? Had the catless downpipe for a long time and semi recently added the front pipe. Love it, I just feel like the stock Si exhaust sounds terrible with the added flow. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Country flag
@RV6 you guys have any good suggestions for exhaust from the FP back? Trying to figure out if most stuff out there will fit with the front pipe ... or if the better option would be a custom setup? Had the catless downpipe for a long time and semi recently added the front pipe. Love it, I just feel like the stock Si exhaust sounds terrible with the added flow. Any recommendations would be appreciated!
You can add a resonator to quiet it down https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw28HvLCYYEUqKa8pVAoHfpC
This is what I used on my full 3in exhaust set up, but it will reduce the sound In half. Since I like mine more toward the quiet side

Last edited:
Reactions: RV6

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To he honestly I haven't heard many exhaust that I like, they are usually too loud. However Mackhroni's suggestion is some good advice. Virbant ultra quiet resonators do great job of cutting down noise and making a deeper more aggressive tone.

We are working on a catback exhaust. The challenge is getting the sound just right first.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To he honestly I haven't heard many exhaust that I like, they are usually too loud. However Mackhroni's suggestion is some good advice. Virbant ultra quiet resonators do great job of cutting down noise and making a deeper more aggressive tone.

We are working on a catback exhaust. The challenge is getting the sound just right first.

2018Gemini

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed my RV6 catted downpipe/frontpipe on my 2018 Civic Touring and if you thought about buying one but haven't yet. Save your cash and make it your next purchase! Definitely worth it! The car feels smoother, sounds more aggressive when you open the throttle up and even installs with the factory heat shield. Great work @RV6
I'll be posting the install video on my YouTube channel soon! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_JP0DGIIwSCnOLTiFTHoGg

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 3.0" Frontpipe and Downpipe Now Available! 20190114_150747
Sponsored