Rusty Part on new car?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex 2014
I'm having issues with new manual 2016 civic lx. When I deexcelerate or hover at any speed my car bounces and hops. Do you think the below rusty part could be the problem. Idk how it rusted already it's less than a month old and the car was built 8/16. Thanks!!
Honda Civic 10th gen Rusty Part on new car? IMG_0662.JPG
Sponsored

andre12dbsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan / 2017 Acura MDX Navi SH-AWD
I meant the rust was normal. Sorry. I just reread the rest of your post. Not sure what the cause of the bouncing would be.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
No rust is normal, it's just cheaper not to treat the metal not to rust. That is a bit much if you ask me.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
A bouncy car is 95% of the time due to a blown shock.

Park your car somewhere, and push down on the frame at each corner. Don't push on plastic or thin sheet metal.
A car with blown shocks would be very easy to push down and will bounce a few times before settling. Degrees of bounce will differ on the state of the shock itself.
Essentially this.

Normally shocks are wear/tear item, but at 1 month old this should be replaced by dealer under warranty. Unless you took it off roading or something lol.

As far as the rust goes, it's irrelevant and is normal. Cast iron rusts immediately, but that's just surface rust. It looks shitty but it's fine.
Sponsored