Rust bolt cause rust frame?

JoeChang0306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hey guys, I was checking around my car yesterday and found rust in the engine bay
Honda Civic 10th gen Rust bolt cause rust frame? DDDC9918-9705-42FA-B232-86513C724E6C
Honda Civic 10th gen Rust bolt cause rust frame? 86642037-F186-44F6-AEBD-C41D2C0AF143

Car is 2018 Civic Hatch,
I believe the bolt holds the ECU or something else rust first and the frame have some bubble right now.
Never take care of my engine bay until I see this…is there anything I can deal with this rust? Thanks!

Last edited:

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Damn I'll have to check my 2016 there...

Definitely had some other bolts go rusty and been swapping them out for new OEM's or titanium. You can locate (and buy)the OEM Honda parts off hondapartsnow.com or other sites. Honda bolts and clips are generally dirt cheap... just try to get your order all in one shot because it's the shipping that kills you.

Sorry I cannot help answer your question directly, about whether it is frame rust transferring to the bolts or if the bolts can transfer rust to the frame. I know my rear light housing bolts (2) are a bit rusty and it appeared that the frame was a little rusty at that point also. Have to get out a wire bottle brush or something...

OP
OP

JoeChang0306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Damn I'll have to check my 2016 there...

Definitely had some other bolts go rusty and been swapping them out for new OEM's or titanium. You can locate (and buy)the OEM Honda parts off hondapartsnow.com or other sites. Honda bolts and clips are generally dirt cheap... just try to get your order all in one shot because it's the shipping that kills you.

Sorry I cannot help answer your question directly, about whether it is frame rust transferring to the bolts or if the bolts can transfer rust to the frame. I know my rear light housing bolts (2) are a bit rusty and it appeared that the frame was a little rusty at that point also. Have to get out a wire bottle brush or something...
Sorry for not replying for few weeks, and yes I already ordered some bolts for spare from Honda dealer! Thanks for your suggestion!
But since I've been busy these few weeks, I'm planning to brush the rust out and spray some paint to cover it afterward.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Nothing to worry about. Leave it.
Look carefully around your engine you may find more rusty bolts.
You may have a hard time to remove it and if you break the bolt head what will you do ?

New to car , welcome
Sponsored