Rust after 3 months

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesterday i was quickly scrolling through the local chinese wechat(sort of whatsupp) civic group and i found pictures of a car with rust under the floorboard, behind the front wheels, around a plastic cap. This morning i had planned to bring my car to the first service and before driving to the dealership i went to check under my car. Ahhhh! Bad surprise after only 3 months of summer weather and 3000 km of clean smooth roads!
I went to the dealership and looked at the cars on their lot, found the new ones with a black thick paint around the same area and the test drive car (older than mine) with more rust, also in a wider area.
They are now sanding and applying some kind of paint protection, I plan to spray all the bottom with underbody paint, but i cannot say I am happy.
How about American cars?

Honda Civic 10th gen Rust after 3 months IMG_5525.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Rust after 3 months IMG_5526.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Rust after 3 months IMG_5529.JPG

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this the AC drain?
I don't think the A/C drain goes through this piece. It is the same on both sides.
Here is the 'repair'

Honda Civic 10th gen Rust after 3 months IMG_20161117_090221

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Are you an ex-pat? I ask because I don't mean to offend, but...."Made in China" zhong guo zhi zao

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, I am Italian. I was very happy of this car until found this problem. I am curious to see what's going on under the american Civics. Anyone?
I also learned that the delaership doesn't have any experienced mechanics, they are all 20!!!!!! They have been open less than a year, nobody has a clue of how cars are made, their job is wash the cars and change oil, so better find another place for the next service
Sponsored

Last edited: