Running panel color mismatch - lunar silver 2019

Intamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
Country flag
I checked every 2019 on the lot of the #1 dealer in the nation and they all have this mismatch between the metal and plastic panels. The plastic color is off.

This isn’t an issue on the 2018’s that I’ve seen. Does anyone have a 2019 that doesn’t have this problem? What would you recommend? I want the car but the color mismatch is gonna drive me nuts.

Photo without the arrow is the 2018.

Honda Civic 10th gen Running panel color mismatch - lunar silver 2019 75F7D2CF-7A88-4F69-A0D7-671BD9B9E06F

Honda Civic 10th gen Running panel color mismatch - lunar silver 2019 8E16959E-DFCE-44F9-9231-4A698DA699AE

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Good to know most won’t notice, haha. It’s harder to see in photos but quite obvious to me irl. Alas.
Is it maybe because the lower panel is at a different angle and light reflects a little differently?

AllOuttaGum

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Civic Si
Country flag
I checked every 2019 on the lot of the #1 dealer in the nation and they all have this mismatch between the metal and plastic panels. The plastic color is off.

This isn’t an issue on the 2018’s that I’ve seen. Does anyone have a 2019 that doesn’t have this problem? What would you recommend? I want the car but the color mismatch is gonna drive me nuts.

Photo without the arrow is the 2018.

75F7D2CF-7A88-4F69-A0D7-671BD9B9E06F.jpeg

8E16959E-DFCE-44F9-9231-4A698DA699AE.jpeg
That would bother me as well. I can see the difference you are referring to. I probably wouldn’t buy unless dealer would be willing to fix.

PWP19SI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 16 HRV EX
Country flag
My 99 and 2012 civic had the same issue. Don’t let it bother you, it really isn’t that noticeable.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
You see this more on the white Accords to be honest. It happens when you have two different materials (plastic and metal). Granted Honda could've probably done a better job getting it to match. Silver is also another very hard color to match perfectly, but I'd say this isn't bad at all from the pics.

OP
OP

Intamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
Country flag
Is it maybe because the lower panel is at a different angle and light reflects a little differently?
Nah. The angle does change the degree to which you see that it doesn’t match. But it just doesn’t match and you can tell from most angles.

Seems like some are better than others but not by much and they’re all off. But all the 18s I looked at were just fine. Just seems to be a batch thing. :|

OP
OP

Intamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
Country flag
That would bother me as well. I can see the difference you are referring to. I probably wouldn’t buy unless dealer would be willing to fix.
I asked them and the sales guy said they don’t do it and that all of them are like that. He’s right. They are. But that doesn’t mean it’s right...

We shall see. I’m off to another dealer today to compare even more.

OP
OP

Intamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
Country flag
My 99 and 2012 civic had the same issue. Don’t let it bother you, it really isn’t that noticeable.
I’m gonna try not to but I have to get over the initial shock that my new car won’t look all that perfect from the outside, lol. Sounds stupid but this is the second car I’ll have ever bought, and the first new one.

Like buying a new, scratched iPhone and being ok with it.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Good to know most won’t notice, haha. It’s harder to see in photos but quite obvious to me irl. Alas.
I have a silver 17 Civic EXT and yes, plastic and metal do tend to have the color mismatch best noticed on the silver color. Not very noticeable unless you look really hard

OP
OP

Intamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
Country flag
You see this more on the white Accords to be honest. It happens when you have two different materials (plastic and metal). Granted Honda could've probably done a better job getting it to match. Silver is also another very hard color to match perfectly, but I'd say this isn't bad at all from the pics.
Yeah. It’s not the end of the world but considering they did such a good job on the 18s it bugs me that the 19s look so off.

What can ya do!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get a different color!:D

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is caused by the fact that different primer types (ie plastic and metal) give the same paint a different colour finish. My Rallye Red 2018 has the same noticeable paint difference between bumper and bootlid despite it being a brand new car.

Stephen
Sponsored